Method Racing Wheels (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone mounted these yet?

Thinking about purchasing these NV's in 18x9 - 5x150 - 25/6" to transfer my 295/70R18 Cooper ST Maxx's from the stock 5spoke 18's. I know @mtnracer mentioned anything less than +35mm offset would be a bit too much. Could I take it to one of my machine shops and have them turn off 10mm? Or maybe it'd be easier to get method to make the modification. Decisions.....

Can someone provide some assistance? Thanks :)

I have those wheels. But like Bomar said 295 is probably too wide. The 275s run fine. I have a LX on stock AHC let me know if you have any questions.

Rubbing on the fender while at full lock? Will the rear rub the fender when stuffed as well? I installed the tires about 2k miles ago, and they'll have quite a bit of time left on them, also, @brandon12777, have you had any issues with the smaller 7.58" sidewall height with the 275/70R18 when aired down?

If I were to turn some material off of the hub contact surface, about how much do you think I would have to remove (in mm)?

@Jlcool007 if you remove any material from the wheel you are messing with structural integrity of the wheel and hub.

No aftermarket wheels off the shelf are made for the LC offset.

Go with a Tundra wheel and not potentially hurting you or others.

Play with fire you will get burned.

Like it was said before, the +35 offset is perfect for our rides. It moves the rim out almost exactly an inch which gives you a little more room on the suspension side. It also gets rid of the pidgin toe look of stock rims and tires. I'm running a +35 rim with 305's and it is almost perfectly flush. Here's a couple of pictures...
20160627_182938.jpg
20160627_183155.jpg
20160627_183136.jpg

Not from the hub interface, local indie race shop does it to their comp cars all the time! Common practice, it's not like wheels are HT or annealed after initial milling.

And looks like I'll either have to sell my set of 295/70/18 ST Maxx's and step down to 275/70/18, or drop to a 17" rim and go with the obligatory 285/70/17!

Of course, the NV's only come in 17" diameter with a 0mm/4.5" offset/backspacing :(

Thanks gents for the quick replies, much appreciated

Thanks, yes they are 305/65R18's. No rubbing...anymore! I had to trim that little nub on the back of the front fender liner. It barely made contact and I have never been able to make it rub since then. No matter how many people or parts are in the truck. Even under partial lock on an incline. My buddy has same tire size but with a +12 offset and he can still make it rub but he has to really try! He also tricked his sensors a little higher than stock but mine are oe height still.

Can I fit method rims 18x9 with offset/backspacing 25/6 onto tire size 275/70/18 without rubbing or will I need some wheel spacers? This whole offset is really confusing.... Info appreciated

@HaiiroKuma, sweet looking rig! 305/65/18's? That's the other option, looks great. Any rubbing front or rear while stuffed?

Thanks, yes they are 305/65R18's. No rubbing...anymore! I had to trim that little nub on the back of the front fender liner. It barely made contact and I have never been able to make it rub since then. No matter how many people or parts are in the truck. Even under partial lock on an incline. My buddy has same tire size but with a +12 offset and he can still make it rub but he has to really try! He also tricked his sensors a little higher than stock but mine are oe height still.

If wheeling the rig this would 100% rub.

@Jlcool007 I agree on a comp rig or on a track but you are also doing it on a cast wheel with a 5k lb rig. Way different than a forged wheel on a 2200lb race car. The risk it not worth it.

All the aftermarket wheels made 5x150 are made for Tundra and most for a lifted or leveled truck so you go with a lower offset to compensate a wider tire for that "domestic" lifted truck look.

If you want a custom very well made wheel give these guys a call. Very nice to talk to and can make to what ever specs you want.

BRAID USA

Can I fit method rims 18x9 with offset/backspacing 25/6 onto tire size 275/70/18 without rubbing or will I need some wheel spacers? This whole offset is really confusing.... Info appreciated

Yes they will fit without rubbing. Do not need wheel spacers.

Rubbing on the fender while at full lock? Will the rear rub the fender when stuffed as well? I installed the tires about 2k miles ago, and they'll have quite a bit of time left on them, also, @brandon12777, have you had any issues with the smaller 7.58" sidewall height with the 275/70R18 when aired down?

If I were to turn some material off of the hub contact surface, about how much do you think I would have to remove (in mm)?

No rubbing at full lock, rear doesn't rub when stuffed ( when AHC high). No issued aired down ( running KO2s). I normally go down to 18psi ish for the rocks. I'd say the biggest down side is with the narrow tires and some of the more serious wheeling I've done has resulted in some pretty scratched up rims. Little wider tire would be nice so they protect the rims better. Though some of that it to be expected no matter what if you are in the rocks. Only time I heard the front rub at all is running a little faster section of trails downhill with a fast full compression of the front end (at the faster speeds AHC goes back to N).

275/70r18....no lift, no spacers...stock

Brandon, can you post a few more of your LX with the method wheels? I'd like to see the width/stance.

Thanks

Amazon Drive[/QUO
Like it was said before, the +35 offset is perfect for our rides. It moves the rim out almost exactly an inch which gives you a little more room on the suspension side. It also gets rid of the pidgin toe look of stock rims and tires. I'm running a +35 rim with 305's and it is almost perfectly flush. Here's a couple of pictures... View attachment 1291489 View attachment 1291490 View attachment 1291491
Dont really like how the rims n tires are more in on the LC but this looks really nice....

You don't need them machined you need a higher offset.

These would be fine with 275.70.18 but your 295s will more than likely rub and for sure will rub if you wheel any.

If there was a 2.5" lift will 295s fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom