Merry @$#^%#$^$%^&%$ Christmas, here's a $500 deductable! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cdaniel

Undocumented Mechanic-I Am Not CDAN
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
zot-art.com
Sorry, but I gots to vent. And remind all you southwesterners out ther to drive like evereyone is out to kill you.

12/26/05. Happy holidays are going fine, my son and I are in our 94 Dodge Van and are off to Home Depot to get a part for a Honey do project. I'm making a left turn out of my neighborhood and POW! I get whacked by a red light running Toyota Corolla. Fortunately me and the boy are allright. I saw it coming and nailed the gas to try and get out of the way. I don't think the driver even tried to stop. But the van is long and she got me in the left rear wheel and sent us for a good spin. Thankfully I had a witness, not one of the at least 3 cars at the light mind you, but a good samaritan walking his dog.

Of course the driver has no insurance, can't speak english and no American drivers license.
I think she might have ran if her car would run. She wouldn't even get out and go to safety on the curb until the police arrived. :mad:

So take heed, drive defensively, even if your in a Land Cruiser battle mobile.

bummer Glad everyones allright
my wife has been hit 3 out of 4 times by unlicenced drivers and of course no ins .
whats with that chit?
I spend over $3500 a year and for what ?so I can pay another $500 to pay for the deductable and be put on the watch list :confused:

Glad to hear your family is OK......Damn illegals!

Any illegal aliens and terrorists just go to North Carolina, they let you get drivers licenses there with no proof of citizenship (Now that is focked up), probably same in AZ? I don't remember but I seem to recall some sort of issue there as well......

Again, no injuries, no cruiser damage= fairly good day considering.

yes Cliff, not being hurt is the main thing. Glad you two are OK.

I drive over 3000 miles a month and have side steped my share of accidents/illegal drivers

I no longer think the other driver is watching out, looking or paying any attention to the road. I am always on the defensive, let others pass me, steer clear of road rage and never take my eyes off the road... driving is just not fun any more in the city

Well I've got no proof she's an illegal, oops I mean undocumented, :rolleyes: But the facts point that way. What really steams me is she asked to borrow my phone to call home. I did out of common decency. Her family shows up in a brand new Chevy truck. So they can pay for that but not bother with insurance for the other car? :censor:

What's worse is the van was to be put up for sale soon. Giving it's age and mileage it may be totaled by the insurance co. And I'll still get to pay the deductable :mad:

Work work work, pay pay pay and still some loser drives through you and walks away.

Still the main thing is me and the boy are all right. It's divine intervention that let me be able to react quick enough so she only caught the tail end. If not it might have been much uglier.

I always carry un-insured and under-insured motorist insurance ( it is really cheap considering)

and every year I up my insurance across the board, better to be safe than sorry ;)

Glad you're ok.
Coulda been worse. Coulda been your 40. :doh:

Or, you coulda been like us and wrapped your 80 around a tree.

desertdude said:
I always carry un-insured and under-insured motorist insurance ( it is really cheap considering)

and every year I up my insurance across the board, better to be safe than sorry ;)

Yeah we're covered, but still..........that deductable, not gonna ever see that from the other driver.

hj60 said:
Glad you're ok.
Coulda been worse. Coulda been your 40. :doh:

Or, you coulda been like us and wrapped your 80 around a tree.

That sucks, them trees can be notoriously immovable objects.
Self inflicted damage I can deal with better though. It's funny, I wrecked that same van within 5 minutes of picking it up brand new from the auto broker.

I have never seen a more horrified look on my wife's face. :eek: We were much poorer then, and in debt deep buying it. And she hates to spend money :D I thought she might actually take a poke me that day.

Cdaniel said:
What really steams me is she asked to borrow my phone to call home. I did out of common decency. Her family shows up in a brand new Chevy truck. So they can pay for that but not bother with insurance for the other car? :censor:
still got the # in your cell ?
Id be the biggest dick till they ether paid or changed the #
If it was a home #you maybe able to look it up with Anywho.com and take $500 out of the new chevy :eek:

After being hit myself by one of "THOSE" people, I noticed the same thing. The B**** got picked up in a new chevy pickup. But that was 5 years ago. The more things change...

I consider anyone driving with no licence and no insurance ILLEGAL :mad:

$3000 in damage , and never saw a dime....but I did get the B**** deported :flipoff2: (along with her 4 kids ) :cheers:

<And she hates to spend money I thought she might actually take a poke me that day.>

now theres a statement i'm familiar with,,,,,

thats too bad cdaniel, i'll hope for the best but it doesnt look good eh?

my friends have commented on the way i drive, especially when i'm a little slack on the go pedal when my light turns green, figure i'll give the red light runners a couple seconds to clear the intersection.

Now what's this about an 80 and a tree??? This isn't the new 80 is it Yashica?

Uh, it is.
Damage is 90% cosmetic.
I ordered her a TJM bumper to make her feel better.

Now I gotta save up for a new radiator for the 60.

Haha, hey. It was a pretty bad day yesterday. I'm pretty bummed out. The first thing that happened was the ripping off of the rear driver's side fender flare along with the mudflap. The next thing that happened was me smashing into the side of a rocky hill and ripping off the left side of my front bumper. Then, after we were off the trail and taking the sandy road back to the main road, I took a corner a little too fast, spun the 80 around and hit a tree, head on. I'm okay. I hit a nerve in my elbow, bruised my knee and my back and neck are slightly sore. I went to the Chiropractor today. Feeling alot better. I should have kept my ass at home yesterday, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom