Any locals want a beer? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Copper State Crew,

I'm going to be in town for 1 night, buying a 40 in Tucson, and will be in town around 4:30-5 p.m. Gonna take the new (to me) truck to get beer and tacos before I head to a hotel for the night. Flying back to Nashville Sunday. Actually also needing somewhere for the cruiser to park and wait for Summit Auto transport coming on Monday to haul it back to Nashville for me. If anyone has any ideas there??

Anyone around to grab a beer?

cheers,

Joel

• Love
Reactions: SAH
I'm in PHX unfortunately otherwise I'd say hell yeah. Can you share a pic of this 40? Inquiring minds would like to know.

IMG_4391.jpeg

1977…

I looked at that one, I’ll PM you with my number and give me a call ASAP.

If you can’t or haven’t found a place to stash the Cruiser, let me know and I’ll try and help you out. Wife says no more Cruisers in the back yard but this should still fly lol.

I can store it if he ends up buying it but I do want him to know what he’s getting…

@yotadude520 ill ping you this morning before I book my plane ticket….

Thanks guys!!

Joel

I may be reading into this a bit too much, but I think the advice is to call to talk to him before you book the flight. If I am right, might be a very good idea.

So what's the story on the 77? Have no interest in buying another 40. Seems like a few questionable things for flying across the country to buy. Definitely a good idea for a inspection first

So I have decided to pass, after talking to Will today, which was a huge help!

I’m not really that keen on doing cross country deals, and this one seems like a very solid truck for the price, but I’m going to pass I think.

Would have been really fun to be out there Hanging out with some locals, but I’m not going to do it just for the heck of it, lol.

The seller will not go down as low as we think he should go.

Cheers everyone!

Interested in laying out what's what on the rig? Could help someone else?

So I have decided to pass, after talking to Will today, which was a huge help!

I’m not really that keen on doing cross country deals, and this one seems like a very solid truck for the price, but I’m going to pass I think.

Would have been really fun to be out there Hanging out with some locals, but I’m not going to do it just for the heck of it, lol.

The seller will not go down as low as we think he should go.

Cheers everyone!

I think that's the right call honestly, even though I was looking forward to grabbing a brewski or two!

Go buy that FJ60 and give me a call when you want me to throw those SOA axles on a pallet for ya.

Interested in laying out what's what on the rig? Could help someone else?

Just a lot of questionable rust issues. It was repainted in the past (evidenced by drips on one of the ambulance doors) and there was a quarter sized rust hole in the side of the tub, floor pans had holes in it and then whatever is hiding under that bondo and paint. The owner is really hard up for cash and keeps dropping the price which is weird.

It's got a killer death wobble at 40 MPH too and doesn't drive as well as other 40's I've seen. It does have some nice mods with the e-locker, PS & A/C but if I were to buy it I'd be ready to put an Aqualu tub on it. Also just needs regular maintenance, the transfer case is leaking and so is the gas tank, knuckles pretty bad too.

It'd be a fine project for someone, but with the rust that's apparent and the unknown his price is way too steep for me. For $7,500 I'd say it'd be a good starter rig for someone who's willing to get their hands dirty and make it their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom