Meet and Greet Mar. 11-13 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
ONSC's Meet and Greet is March 11-13 2016 this year!! We are going to have a Uwharrie workday on Saturday the 12th and get a barn workday in on Friday. I'm going to work with Kenny to see if we can get up their Thursday night to be ready to work all day Friday cutting wood.

Last year's thread:
Meet and Greet Mar. 20-22 2015

This year we will, once again, be cooking a pig, with a pot-luck for the sides! Please make sure to sign up!

Post up if you can make it out!!

:clap::clap:Once again, we are going to host a RAFFLE. We will be raffling off a Tan Trasharoo as well as a $250 GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR PARTS FROM BENO!!!!! :clap::clap:

Here are the rules:

- 5 tickets per person max
- $5 per ticket - cash only, please
- Tickets sold only at the event (Friday and Saturday)
- Need not be present at the drawing to win but it's up to the winner to arrange shipping (MUDship or otherwise)
-----yes, this technically allows for somebody else to buy your tickets if you can't make it for some reason
- Drawing held Saturday evening
- You must be a current, paid ONSC member in good standing by the time of the drawing to claim the prize. We will be checking. Yes, that means you don't have to be a member to buy tickets but you can't win unless you are a member - you'd just be giving us money.

How awesome is that? Please make sure you are current on our membership rolls. I'm attaching the link to do that and the link to purchase/renew your membership. Don't forget that you students have the option of a student membership. Credit/Debit cards can be transacted at the event through @GLTHFJ60's Square account.

ONSC Current Members - Google Sheets - check your membership status here. FYI - Lots of you expire in March.

ONSC Membership - purchase or renew your membership here.

Saturday Morning URE Workday - Meet @ 9:00am on Saturday @ Dutch John Parking lot!!!

The barn is near Troy and Albemarle just east of Lake Tillery
There is no physical address to give for GPS but the directions are very simple and we have yet to get someone lost :)

Google maps location:
Google Maps

Directions to the Monks bar are as follows.

Hwy 49:
From Hwy 49 turn south on Hwy 109
Keep going south past the outpost and Uwharrie Trailhead
Turn right onto river road.
Keep going south on river road for about 5 miles and there will be a ONSC sign with flags pointing towards the driveway to the barn.

Hwy 24/27
From Hwy 24/27 turn north on River Road
Continue for 1.8 miles untill you see the ONSC sign and flags pointing to the driveway of the barn.

THE MAIN DINNER COURSE ON SATURDAY NIGHT WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE CLUB AND WILL BE OUR WORLD FAMOUS BBQ

No Drinks will be provided. The Barn has good well water.

Potluck Sign-up:

@weejub - smoked beans with ham
@David1947 - large green salad with dressings and extras
@NCFJ - salads
@tgadd - Mac 'n Cheese
@Cirbo - vinegar based coleslaw
@lumbee1 - Meatballs
@forrest5000 - TP - 2# bacon 24 eggs 24 buns
@little_joe - HEAVY DUTY plates +Forks +Paper Towels+ Salt & Pepper shakers+Squeeze Butter
@FJinTegaCay - three bottles BBQ sauce
@lumbee1 - "mexican coke"
@Green Hell Mustang - Dessert + bacon
@ontherxs - the biscuits, sausage links + assorted chips, dips, pretzels.
@Cirbo - Brownies and Lemon Bars
@TailsWCU - "Strawberry YumYum"
@custyota - cheese and crackers, bacon, and how about some OJ
@GarnerFJ40 - Potatoes
@erymer - huge slab of bacon and a side of some kind...prolly deviled egg
@hanniemarie2 - chocolate chip cookie brownies
@GLTHFJ60 - hush puppies

Last edited:
I will be there starting Friday, I'll try to stay until Sunday. I'll most likely bring a dessert this time, something with chocolate.

@GLTHFJ60 @alk747triodad Let us know what supplies are needed for the barn/Meet & Greet.

I'll have to check my work schedule. If it allows, I will be there!

I will be there Saturday to play on the log pile. I hope it's just as tall as last time.

Could be up Thursday.

I'm going to shoot for Thursday as well. Renewing membership now.

I'll be making a Saturday afternoon showing.

IN - Checking on dates.

I wont make it this year. See you guys in another get time. Have fun!

Planning on being there, but it may just be a day trip, unfortunately, depending on how my schedule goes.

I'm looking forward to it....will know more who will be with me as we get closer.
I will also figure out what side to bring and post it later.
Edit:
Is there an age restriction on buying tickets? For example - can someone with a family membership buy 5 tickets for each member of his/her family?

Last edited:
We'll be there on Sat at least.

By John V request, we'll bring salads again. Seems that was the only green stuff on the table.

As of right now, I plan on being there with the boys, but it all depends on the baseball schedule that has yet to be released. The first week of practice either starts that week or the following week and as the coach its not something I can skip.

At best, I'll only make it in Saturday evening. Saturday is the Pinewood Derby for my boys.
For any of you watching other threads and reading that for the 2nd time- yes, this actually IS the same date. The cranial-rectal inversion has been reversed (temporarily anyway).

No Science Olympiad competition so should be able to make it.

WooHoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom