Builds Maytag. 1967 LPB, a daily driven survivor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. He does the clutch line too? I'm only seeing brake line kits .

Yes. Just call or message him. He made me some custom lines.

SOR has a clutch and slave kit that includes the hardline. @oregon fj put his tin cups on new cylinders.

The key to keeping the original style will be the replacement of the large diameter hard line. The fittings for that line are M11, which is... odd, to say the least. Newer packages (such as the kit from SOR) use later model parts—matched master, slave, hose and hard line.

If you can get a replacement M11 hard line, then you will need to convert a brake master into a clutch master, as correct early clutch masters are almost impossible to find. I bought a new brake master from Toyota and converted it, the details are in this post - Early Master Cylinders

b3d58650-273e-458b-b48a-2d0866caf8e0-jpeg.1619963

The key to keeping the original style will be the replacement of the large diameter hard line. The fittings for that line are M11, which is... odd, to say the least. Newer packages (such as the kit from SOR) use later model parts—matched master, slave, hose and hard line.

If you can get a replacement M11 hard line, then you will need to convert a brake master into a clutch master, as correct early clutch masters are almost impossible to find. I bought a new brake master from Toyota and converted it, the details are in this post - Early Master Cylinders

b3d58650-273e-458b-b48a-2d0866caf8e0-jpeg.1619963

Yeah that's the thing .I have the correcr master in hand now (converted brake MC), but can't seem to source the hard line. Thinking of just saying screw it and converting to the newer style to get it back on the road, then maybe somewhere along the line sourcing the correct line to run the original looking MC again.

You might check with @65swb45 on the early hard line, if @Rainman can't make you one. But Rainman may not have the proper M11 flare fittings to make it. Maybe you could send him your originals?
Yeah I spoke to him on the phone earlier .he told me to send the old lines and he'd see what he could do

Last edited:
More shenanigans today while the truck is out of commission for the clutch hydraulics.

Straightened, patched bolt holes and painted the bezel.
20180906_135037.jpg

Installed my "auxiliary gas tank" for when i inevitably misjudge how much gas is actually left .

20180906_122039.jpg

Also pulled the guage cluster, cleaned up all the contacts and pulled the odometer which was only rolling tenths. Followed some tutorials I found on here and disassembled, cleaned and reassembled it. I opted to zero it out, because

1. Who knows how long and for how many miles it had been broken previously.

2. It will make it much easier to track my own mileage.

3. It's not like it really matters anyway. No odo disclosure required for something this old...
20180906_141605.jpg
20180906_143351.jpg
20180906_150904.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for painting the bezel :cheers:

More shenanigans today while the truck is out of commission for the clutch hydraulics.

Straightened, patched bolt holes and painted the bezel. View attachment 1783563

Installed my "auxiliary gas tank" for when i inevitably misjudge how much gas is actually left .

View attachment 1783562

Also pulled the guage cluster, cleaned up all the contacts and pulled the odometer which was only rolling tenths. Followed some tutorials I found on here and disassembled, cleaned and reassembled it. I opted to zero it out, because

1. Who knows how long and for how many miles it had been broken previously.

2. It will make it much easier to track my own mileage.

3. It's not like it really matters anyway. No odo disclosure required for something this old... View attachment 1783560 View attachment 1783558 View attachment 1783561

Man. I need to do that to two of my trucks. How bad was it?

Man. I need to do that to two of my trucks. How bad was it?

The odometer? Not bad at all. They're pretty simple as long as you keep the parts organized in the order you took them off you shouldn't have any problem getting it back together .

It only needs to be cleaned. There's old grease that gets gummy and prevents the gears inside from turning .

Last edited:
The odometer? Not bad at all. They're pretty simple as long as you keep the parts organized in the order you took them off you shouldn't have any provlepr getting it back together .

It only needs to be cleaned. There's old grease that gets gummy and prevents the gears inside from turning .
I second that, I found the same on mine, bound up with hardened grease.

One thing I noticed, be VERY careful with touching the odometer wheel numbers. The screen printing (or whatever they used) is very fragile.

20180906_141605-jpg.1783560

The higher miles or km numbers are always the problem.
They sleep more than they work :)& the grease is hard
Sometimes you can get them working again the do little way.
Lay it in the heat clean it a bit & put some spray like wd40 between the numbers.

20180906_141605-jpg.1783560

The higher miles or km numbers are always the problem.
They sleep more than they work :)& the grease is hard
Sometimes you can get them working again the do little way.
Lay it in the heat clean it a bit & put some spray like wd40 between the numbers.

Mine definitely needed to be pulled apart unfortunately. Some of the gears were completely locked to their spindles .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom