Builds Maytag. 1967 LPB, a daily driven survivor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think @oregon fj over in the 40 section put his tin cups on new cylinders. He’ll chime in hopefully. There are numerous folks on this sight that will bend over backwards to help out. Oregon may be the center of the universe for old patina rigs that are still mostly complete. Awesome rig!

I think @oregon fj over in the 40 section put his tin cups on new cylinders. He’ll chime in hopefully. There are numerous folks on this sight that will bend over backwards to help out. Oregon may be the center of the universe for old patina rigs that are still mostly complete. Awesome rig!

Thanks, I think I got it figured out. Ordered the master from Cruiser Outfitters, and it looks like I can just swap the plastic reservoir for my metal one.

Yes, on the brake master, all you need to do (assuming you bought real Toyota cylinder) is swap the reservoir.

The correct clutch master is NLA, but you can actually convert a second brake master into a correct clutch master as long as the big end plug on your current cylinder is OK. Details in this post - 25 Master Cylinders

First day taking it into work and it seems like my pup likes it! Pippa approves! (I own a gym so I can bring my dog in with me).

20180831_145803.jpg
20180831_145810.jpg

Cool photo and a great platform for building lasting memories.....

.....Maytag definitely stole a bit of thunder from those fancy Eye-talians!
Portland Cars & Coffee today. Maytag definitely stole a bit of thunder from those fancy Eye-talians!

...el favorito dondequiera *

102cd3028e88cd8d97208fc1cf15cb9d--vintage-ads-vintage-photos.jpg

*translation: the favorite anywhere
... have a Coke :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fresh coat of paint on the wheels didn't worry much about masking them off becaybe I'm having new tires installed tomorrow.

Krylon "Smoke Grey" seems pretty close to the OEM grey. No?

20180905_092059.jpg
20180905_092043.jpg
20180905_093912.jpg
20180905_094030.jpg

Yep. Smoke Gray is almost exact. That said, OEM in 65 was black

Ya don't say? Learned something today.

Pretty cool

Well crap... I was digging into the clutch master cylinder job today, everything was going smoothly until it came time to unhook the clutch hardline from the front of the master.

Wasn't paying attention to the fact that apparently the fitting was not moving freely from the line and was in fact twisting the line as I loosened it from the cylinder. So that's broken...

And that line is also apparently NLA...

And after that happened I decided to remove the whole system and discovered the slave was also leaking.

So what are my options? Any way to keep the old style cylinder with the tin reservoir now, or should I just say screw it and upgrade to the newer style?

After that I decided to take a break and work on other things. Wired up some tag lights on the rrar bumper and came up with a way to help protect and preserve my vintage plates (which have seen better days). I had some 1/8" UHMW plastic sheet laying around from a project on my other temperamental (read Italian) car. So I cut some backing plates and JB welded them to what's left of the license plate to make it a bit sturdier. Seems to have worked well.
20180905_123934.jpg
20180905_194829.jpg
20180905_202542.jpg

I would HIGHLY recommend @Rainman for your broken line. He will send you exact replicas. All of the other places I’ve used send stuff that is “close enough”

rainmansbrakelines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom