Ma!!! I Killed Me A PIG!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the story goes like this...

Took my 1970 Toyota Landcruiser w/ 350 chevy down to the Russian river today to do some wheelin and play in the water. The old lady (not the car) and I got a little horny playing in the water. So we walked to the Cruiser to *talk*. Had a damn good time doing it too. That was the first time I've *talked* in it in the 9 years I've owned it. After the day was finished we left the beach we were at but some dumb ass construction worker who can't speak a lick of english barricaded the road. I got out looked at the road and the barricade and determined that I had just enough room to squeeze by the barricade. On the side of the barricade was a cliff about 2 stories high. While driving by I bumped the barricade causing it to pivot (wish I knew this prior to going around). The pivotting caused it to push me sideways toward the cliff. One tire went off so I tried to back up but the weight from the front of the cruiser was pulling it down and the barricade was pushing it sideways. I decided that I wasn't going to be able to back up so I turned the wheels hard to steer into the cliff so I would be going nose down instead of sideways. But about 3 feet down was a big tree that had fallen across the cliff. As soon as my front tire hit the tree it stopped any chance I had of going nose down the cliff. The ass end spun around also hitting the tree. As soon as it hit the cruiser slowly, ever so slowly began to roll over. Coming to a rest on the driver side. The tree is no longer in the pics but if it were not there the cruiser would have landed back on all fours. I had to cut the tree down to get it back on it's tires and use another tree for the come-along. Once I put her back in her place (on all fours), I started her up and drove back up the cliff and home. Today I woke up sore as hell, I feel like a truck hit me,..or I rolled down a hill in one. Not much damage to her at all though. Need a new roll cage (I didn't like the one on it anyway), need a new windshield frame (somehow it didn't brake the glass), and I need new fenders (wanted to put tube fenders on anyway). Now the pics...

Carmen001.jpg

Carmen002.jpg

Carmen003.jpg

Carmen004.jpg

Carmen005.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed this story! enjoy the pics! The Cruiser is still alive and running, and is still my daily driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you're alright. I'm always amazed how little damage there is when these things roll.

Were you going to post pics from, uh, a little earlier in the evening?

uhh, I hope that's not your wife in the black pants and dark blue top,...

so you think it is the "mexican construction worker" that is the "dumb ass" in this story?

Those fenders still look better than mine :lol:

And I was going to make a comment about your wife's hairy arms, but ojai beat me to the punch...

Glad nobody got seriously hurt :cheers:

Sorry about the accident :frown:, enjoyed the story :), glad you got lucky ;), but do keep in mind this is a family forum and we have several young readers whose parents may not appreciate the uhhh... 'colorful description ' of the eariler part...

Oh and nice color on the rig!

I would have to get a new seat.
mine would have a huge brown crease right in the middle of it!

where is the dead pig? assume you mean the 55....but thats a 40?

By the hat you're wearing... looks like you were at Rubithon??

Many concerns about the veracity of your story

You mention a wife, but I only see 2 hairy men in the picture. California is the home of same-sex-marriage, so perhaps the pics are correct....

Personally, I think your story went like this.....

"I just can't quit you"...old shocks and bushings failed...2 over the hill cowboys slip over the hill.

Just kidding in good fun.

One wonders if when you had 1 wheel off the slope that if you had tied off to a tree or two the car woulda' been spared a thumping? Just seems prudent to always tie off when you are in unforgiving territory.

It is nice however to know that the FJ's are tough.

Hope you are correct and there is no serious damage to you or the FJ. Next time let the amorous wife drive.

Best,

T

lol, wife was the one taking the pictures. the other guy lived in the property next door to where I rolled it. alright alright WE ALL know who the real dumbass is here. yes I agree with the tying off as well except the nearest tree I could tie off to was further than the rope/cable/chain I had would reach. The title wouldn't sound as catching if I said deer. I was refering to the pose on top of the cruiser rather than it being a 55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom