LX570 REDARC brake controller Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nevermind?

C8C8286D-D6F2-496E-968F-C3A84B8524E6.jpeg

The redesign ‘16+ strikes again!

Write up coming soon.

Wow. you had a spare knockout? None available on my 2009. I guess I got all the options. . .

I didn’t disassemble even half as much as you have there to get this done haha.

no one takes out the combination meter, that's just daft.

Um boys, @grinchy @Tex68w not to spoil your fun taking the piss, but now that my back is paralyzed, can one of yall tell my why in the world i have a spare connector here???

4BDEE40A-009F-449E-B849-CC0974FC9DE9.jpeg

Thanks to grinch for some tech support im done, and that is indeed a spare connection on the harness… nothing blew up yet at least. Full details and some interesting odds and ends coming in build thread soon.

2AD0A3E3-3317-4177-B3B6-2EC5637840BE.jpeg

I was done a while ago for you comedians in the chat

That took a really long time @AnyMal.

Anyway, nice location on the pedal commander. Put up a pick when you're putting the boat in the lake.

Glad you got it done. The knee airbag was never a concern messing around down there when I did mine.

@Tex68w you had one too right?

I had a three but I have a LC so the switch setups down there are different and the 2018+ don't have the RSCA Off switch or HUD.

I had a three but I have a LC so the switch setups down there are different and the 2018+ don't have the RSCA Off switch or HUD.

Damn they be doing you Toyota boys real rough!!! 😝

Um guys, this is starting to be a bit of a project...

Ive taken out the two 10mm bolts from the bottom of the knee apron, as well as several surround pieces but i guess im worried about the airbag?
Seems like the '16+ is one piece and the left panel bank is too small to work through. The card holder is also a pop out cubby and one piece with the apron.

Battery is disconnected but should i try and disconnect the airbag before i start yanking on the apron from under the steering wheel gaps?
I DO NOT want to get my face obliterated by an airbag while my head is down there. Any precautions i can take aside from the above?

Thanks. Also putting the pedal commander somewhere down there finally.
You do not need to remove or disconnect the airbag. The surrounding panels come out easily, i.e. the undrtray with two screws and two wires to disconnect and then the lower dash panel with two bolts and a number of snap connectors and AC temp sensor tube and connector.. This leaves the rectangular airbag cover untouched. Hood & fuel release can likely be keep in place unless you want to take the panel out of truck for other reasons.

17AD98C9-6632-458E-A120-B344857B1E38.jpeg

2B1B363D-B8C0-400C-B327-4428FA89DAA4.jpeg

You do not need to remove or disconnect the airbag. The surrounding panels come out easily, i.e. the undrtray with two screws and two wires to disconnect and then the lower dash panel with two bolts and a number of snap connectors and AC temp sensor tube and connector.. This leaves the rectangular airbag cover untouched. Hood & fuel release can likely be keep in place unless you want to take the panel out of truck for other reasons.

View attachment 3284397

View attachment 3284400

Ill be putting all my pics up shortly. Suffice to say the newer lx is pretty different but luckily that airbag cover is clipped internally to a framing piece and i did not disturb it at all while yanking on things. That part seems to be the same as your diagram.

I took my time and did things professionally, specifically in securing the tow controller and managing all the cables. I pulled maybe two extra pieces but the rest were all necessary. Unless you really just stuffed the cabling in. I also had double the cables withe the throttle control!

Wow. you had a spare knockout? None available on my 2009. I guess I got all the options. . .
My 2010 LX didn't have any blank slots so I removed the button that disables the automatic rear hatch. I never saw any need to do that. Just in case though, I zip tied the hatch switch so it wouldn't accidentally enable and stashed the switch just behind the panel within easy reach. Three years now and I haven't missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom