LX450 Headlight advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently took a rock through my 97 lx450’s passenger headlight. Still works great but I can’t seem to find any headlight lens or even full assemblies for a reasonable price.

Any advice on whether to do the Toyota headlight swap to make this easier to deal with in the future, just pay the $500 for a used lx light, or does anyone have a connection to a glass / vacuum forming shop where we could get a couple hundred lens’ made?

Many ways to skin that cat. Innumerable threads, one just this past week. First takeaway for you is that the Toyota lights won’t fit the LX (at least without modification). Decide how important it is to you to keep it stock. LX lights may still be available at a sticker shock price (others will chime in). Many configurations of Depo boxes, which is a popular option. I fully Lexified mine this year, mainly to have 7” round options…

IMG_6195.jpeg

I do have some lx lights but they aren't cheap and would really like to sell them as a pair. Send me a pm if interested

Many ways to skin that cat. Innumerable threads, one just this past week. First takeaway for you is that the Toyota lights won’t fit the LX (at least without modification). Decide how important it is to you to keep it stock. LX lights may still be available at a sticker shock price (others will chime in). Many configurations of Depo boxes, which is a popular option. I fully Lexified mine this year, mainly to have 7” round options…

View attachment 3419488
I’ve looked at this exact same set up. How have you liked it so far compared to the stock set up?

Recently took a rock through my 97 lx450’s passenger headlight. Still works great but I can’t seem to find any headlight lens or even full assemblies for a reasonable price.

Any advice on whether to do the Toyota headlight swap to make this easier to deal with in the future, just pay the $500 for a used lx light, or does anyone have a connection to a glass / vacuum forming shop where we could get a couple hundred lens’ made?
I'm in the same boat. From what I've found so far, it looks as though LX450 headlights are down to NOS. On a better note, we still have options. I've always been a sucker for a round-eye, so I'll likely go with the LC Grilles product.

You could also go to the double square buckets or Depos with a still available 80 series LC grille.

Depots work great with with halogen bulbs , projectors work better but out of my price range. the toyota grill i found on amazon . just used some expanded metal for the bracket for the big L. Valance fit fine with the toyota grill

What I'm seeing here is I should source a Toyota grille, swap it in with the Depos sitting in my garage, and sell the LX lights for profit to maybe break even

Last edited:
Love the advice from everyone. I’m going to set up a call with a lens supplier soon just to get some estimates on creating some new LX lenses at a minimum. If there’s enough interest I will throw this up on the group order side of the website. If cost doesn’t make sense I’ll probably buy some LX lights or do the quad conversion at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom