Lx450 - ghost in the machine after reconnecting battery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had an odd one last night and wanted to post up my experience to see if anyone could shed some knowledge.

I disconnected the positive battery terminal before the negative (I know, oops), and when I reconnected the terminals the headlights came on and stayed on (I leave the switch in the “on” position bc auto shutoff), and the fuel pump started priming. It was almost as if I had the I ignition turned but the key was in my pocket. After going into the truck, sticking the key in and starting it everything returned to normal. No issues.

I was able to replicate it multiple times. No problems, but thought this was odd and wanted to throw it out to see if anyone had experienced the same. Maybe a function of the wacky RS3000? Fusible links on the way out?

I was chasing my own electrical gremlins this week. My LX doesn't do what you describe. But I have removed the RS3000 chaos.

I disconnected the positive battery terminal before the negative (I know, oops),
For the record, it makes no difference which terminal you disconnect first. There is no "oops" here. Electrons don't care.

I was chasing my own electrical gremlins this week. My LX doesn't do what you describe. But I have removed the RS3000 chaos.
I have a love/hate with it. I like keyless entry, and just program it only to function as lock/unlock, no security features. Problem is, after the battery is disconnected the programming selections get wiped.

But the FSM says negative first! 🤪
I'm sure it does. Again, electrons don't care. If there's no voltage, then there's no electron movement. Doesn't matter which terminal you remove.

I have a love/hate with it. I like keyless entry, and just program it only to function as lock/unlock, no security features. Problem is, after the battery is disconnected the programming selections get wiped.
It locked me out twice with a key in the ignition while I was working on the truck.... It was removed with prejudice shortly thereafter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom