Looking for reputable machine shop in east TN & surrounding areas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone I’m currently doing the head gasket on my 80 and I am looking for a machine shop to have the head work done.

I am in the knoxville area, looking for a reputable shop. All the ones I’ve used in the past are basically gambling with their quality of work. Willing to drive a few hours (up to 4 hours) for the right one, would love to have a quick turn around time as this is my primary vehicle.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Last edited:
In Cookeville, there is a machine shop here called Midstate Motorworks. They are who we use for our machine work here at the dealership, and I have personally used them before. They do excellent work. For a while they were just doing wholesale or commercial business, but I think recently they have begun doing everything. Hope this helps!

In October of 2017 Dover Cylinder Head here in Chattanooga serviced my '97s FZJ head including a "valve job, lash set, surface, pressure check and clean" for the price of $350.00. The head was reinstalled with a stock/Toyota gasket and stock head bolts and has covered about 80k miles since then without issue.

If I'm not mistaken there are a few other options here in Chatt. for head work but I think Dover is a good option.

I heard about another business that several people recommended to me. High Velocity Heads in South Knoxville. They used to do heads for Nascar and drag cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom