LX 570 HID Headlight retrofit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cost was very reasonable. Hope this helps others!!

Make sure you have enough slack on the hid bulbs so the projector can articulate. Otherwise the AFS will go on a fritz and disable itself - you'll know bc you'll get an error on your dash. Glad you stuck with the lx. As I mentioned the S2k is mid to late is 90s technology while the lx is at minimum mid 2000 engineering. Anxious to see the output pics

Anyone else put in HID bulbs into the existing projectors? Any tips?

Anyone else put in HID bulbs into the existing projectors? Any tips?

Yes, I did. It's a night and day difference and easy to do. You just need to cut the back of the factory plastic bulb covers. Am using 4500k HIDs as I didn't want any blue, just a pure white. Cutoffs are also pretty good. Keep in mind the hoops on my bumper block some side light on both sides.

IMG_4760_zpsz3it4gwt.jpg

Thanks @Ali FJ80 . Did you use the 100mm caps also?

Researching this as well because the older I get the worse I see at night and I drive a dark two lane hwy a lot. There is no mention of HID headlamps in the LX570 Brochure until 2014. Prior to 2014 they just say;

"Auto on/off projector-beam halogen headlamps"

So it would appear that 2014 is the first year for HID headlamps unless someone has intel besides the brochures.

Can anyone with a 2013 or 2014 confirm this?
Thx

Researching this as well because the older I get the worse I see at night and I drive a dark two lane hwy a lot. There is no mention of HID headlamps in the LX570 Brochure until 2014. Prior to 2014 they just say;

"Auto on/off projector-beam halogen headlamps"

So it would appear that 2014 is the first year for HID headlamps unless someone has intel besides the brochures.

Can anyone with a 2013 or 2014 confirm this?
Thx

The answer is on the first page of this thread 2013 is the first year.

DAD5D5C7-5E87-4D81-9821-E0D845B9B25B.jpeg

Thanks. Odd that a 2013 brochure doesn’t mention it but makes sense since they changed the front end in 2013.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom