LS swap with H42 highway RPM questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 2F in my 60 is dead and the shop it is at is recommending that I do a LS swap versus rebuild the 2F. Their reasoning is that I plan on taking a lot of trips in it, towing a small military trailer on those trips. They think I will be much happier in the long term with more power. If I do the swap, it would be mated to the stock H42. I will have 33x9.50-15's put on as soon as I get the cruiser running again. I am concerned about highway RPM. The calculator I've been using shows that at 70, I'd be running at 2,700. Is that too high for the V8? I can't afford a H55.

2700 is nothing for an LS, they don’t mind living at high rpm. I’ve run the 5.3 in my FJ40 at 3000 rpm all day long. If you plan on doing long trips and towing the LS is a good way to go. Huge peace of mind knowing if you have any part failure you can pop into any Autozone in the country and have a part waiting for you on the shelf.

Put a really quiet exhaust on it, avoid a droning muffler and add a resonator. You will be fine.

any reason you are using the h42? for cost? The ls is fine at that rpm but if you use something with overdrive youll be at way way way lower highway rpm. I cruise at 80mph at like 2,300 rpm or something with my 4l60e.

I want a stick and can't afford to do the H55 at the same time. I honestly am not sure I have enough budget to do the V8. The engine issue was not expected and replacing it is going to eat up most of the budget I had left for a good while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom