Love my new Duratracs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New Goodyear Duratracs - 285 75 R16 - really liking these. First of all, on a stock 80, 285 is the perfect size - no problems, no rubbing. Got a great deal at 218 a tire and road hazard replacement thrown in for free from Discount tire. List was 254 a tire. Proves you really can talk em down. Ran 275 BFG ATs and 265 Dunlop Mud Rovers, these are far more quiet and smooth. Although, I did just repack my bearings and replaced my tie rid ends...could have something to do with the awesomeness of the ride quality now.
image-2955443653.jpg
image-4075177543.jpg
image-3857029913.jpg

Looking good!

Very nice, that's my favorite tire. Did you get them from DiscountTireDirect.com?

Stylo07 said:
Very nice, that's my favorite tire. Did you get them from DiscountTireDirect.com?

No, got em from a retail Discount tire store; needed to have a physical person to haggle with. Goodyear store actully quoted me the lowest and I took that to DT and they matched it and threw in the road hazard replacement. Anyone know a way to get 285 Duratracs cheaper?

I have the exact same tires on my stock height LX450. I cannot say enough good things about these tires.

Really changes the look of the rig too!

Me too...

I have the same set of tires on my '95 - LOVE 'em. Congrats -

Ya know, as cool as all the heavily modified rigs on here are, It still is nice to see a clean and classy stock 80 once in a while...

I have 315's and so far think they're great.
I've taken them offroad once and they did very well. In one day they were pitched against mud, rock, and snow and they gave traction in everything (aired down to 18psi).

Have them too, same size as the OP. Love 'em

I'm running the 305/70R16's and like them as well. Tread life has been good and no problems on a 2week trip from CT around the great lakes, fully loaded with wife, kid, dog, and RTT. We have a 3" OME lift and they don't rub at all. A great tire choice for the 80.
P3040544.jpg

No, got em from a retail Discount tire store; needed to have a physical person to haggle with. Goodyear store actully quoted me the lowest and I took that to DT and they matched it and threw in the road hazard replacement. Anyone know a way to get 285 Duratracs cheaper?

You can get another $100 off with the tread lightly Goodyear rebate.

You can get another $100 off with the tread lightly Goodyear rebate.

Good luck, I've been waiting since November for goodyears' rebate.

Good luck, I've been waiting since November for goodyears' rebate.

Is that the Tread Lightly rebate, or something through Goodyear?

I had 265/75/16 Duratracs on my Surf, and LOVED them. I'll be putting 285's on the LC when it gets home.

IanB said:
Is that the Tread Lightly rebate, or something through Goodyear?

I had 265/75/16 Duratracs on my Surf, and LOVED them. I'll be putting 285's on the LC when it gets home.

The Tread Lightly rebate is through Goodyear. You'll notice that on the rebate form.

I've been running the Duratracs for a while. Like them but they seem to wear pretty fast.

I'd have to look for my receipt to see how many miles I have on them.

New Goodyear Duratracs - 285 75 R16 - really liking these. First of all, on a stock 80, 285 is the perfect size - no problems, no rubbing. Got a great deal at 218 a tire and road hazard replacement thrown in for free from Discount tire. List was 254 a tire. Proves you really can talk em down. Ran 275 BFG ATs and 265 Dunlop Mud Rovers, these are far more quiet and smooth. Although, I did just repack my bearings and replaced my tie rid ends...could have something to do with the awesomeness of the ride quality now.

Do you mind telling me if you get any rubbing at full articulation? I've been eyeing these tires but my local tire guy INSISTS that I will run with them on an 80 (he only has a taco, i know..) I do use all my travel on stock springs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom