Builds Love at first sight FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Allen head drain plugs are a great thing btw..

Good save! If it runs and drives, it was probably worth what you paid. I paid more for one that didn't run. It looked better than yours (body) until the sandblaster showed me what was underneath. Have fun, and enjoy it!

Good save! If it runs and drives, it was probably worth what you paid. I paid more for one that didn't run. It looked better than yours (body) until the sandblaster showed me what was underneath. Have fun, and enjoy it!
Yea I'm afraid of what my frame will look like after a sand blast lol

Cruiser outfitters comes to mind.

The landcruiser is back up and running! New gas tank is in, but come winter time I'll be stripping apart again putting some new steel in for the driver side floor. A few good size holes.

image.jpeg

Thank you! Any spare time at work that I get, I usually spend it reading about these fj40's. I'm thinking I'll be spending lots of time on this website!
"You will........You will..(in my best Yoda voice.

Hey Couse, i just got my first '40 this past week, same color. I'm definitely going to be following what you do with yours! Welcome to the club!

Hey Couse, i just got my first '40 this past week, same color. I'm definitely going to be following what you do with yours! Welcome to the club!
Awesome! Mine is full of rust and needs lots of loving. But I stopped putting money into the 4Runner and I'll start giving the land cruiser all the attention for now on lol. Good luck!

So I got that itch that you guys were talking about, my plan now is to pull the motor out, fix the drivers floor, replace the rear sill, and if I have time this winter I would also like to some-what fix or patch the rear wheel wells. I will be taking the motor to my uncle to get rebuilt.

Just watched your video- got some projects ahead but sounds like she's got a good heart. Look into @Awl_TEQ on here for your rear sill- he does incredible work and is also in the Great White North (Canada)...
HTH,
Will

Here's what I told a new Land Cruiser owner the other day down at the Broken Birfield Bar during Happy Hour which, by the way, runs from 1pm to midnight .
"OK, here's what you gotta understand, you will find seemingly insurmountable obstacles along the way. You gotta tackle 'em, work 'em, curse 'em, then step away from 'em. Don't give up on 'em. After thinkin' about 'em overnight, grab your tool and go back in. The Land Cruiser is tough but you are tougher and the Land Cruiser respects this. You will have your way. The frozen bolt will come out, The rusty nuts can be loosened, (us old Land Cruiser owners have lots of rusty nuts and the problem can be overcome.)" " But it's worth it..You take care of it, it will take care of you."......Hey Honey! Bring me another beer!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom