Looking for a low profile roof rack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know what this one is? or one like it?

1665595731833.png

@BurntToast I've been really happy with my Gamiviti. Mine is pretty basic, but they are very customizable - length, fairing, rails, etc. The website has examples of the different builds. I've loaded a canoe, camping gear, lumber, and all kinds of other stuff on it and it does great. It is very low profile - it sits less than an inch off the roof in the middle. no flex at all so I'm not worried about it scraping the roof. Haven't noticed a gas mileage penalty at all.

unnamed (2).jpg

I'm really liking the Bowfin rack I'm running on mine and low profile was one of my requirements for a rack.

I'm really liking the Bowfin rack I'm running on mine and low profile was one of my requirements for a rack.

oh damn that’s excellent, modern looking and tight fit

X3 on gamiviti. I’ve had mine for well over ten years, used with just gas and gear, then RTT, now solar and gear. I’ll be getting one for my 100.

Second to none customer service and one if the nicest guys you’ll deal with.

154F504A-7651-412A-BB94-C47CC710FD25.jpeg
04E920E1-A1D4-4DE5-85DC-0783A16FB1EB.jpeg
98BDDD3F-5D9A-4A9C-81C3-17AF1982F4D8.jpeg

I've state my preference for the Bowfin rack and low profile is only one criterion. With the fairing wind noise is negligent nor has it reduced fuel mileage. Because the rack is modular shipping costs are reduced and it can be assembled by one person on the roof. The Bowfin weighs <60 lbs and if assembled first before placing on the roof can be lifted and set with only two people. I see a lot of racks are welded and if removed for storage that will require a large space. A Bowfin can be disassembled, broken down into components and stored in a smaller space.

Just some other considerations when shopping for a rack.

tbf any roof rack can be installed with one person if you have a mexican blanket. Put the blanket on the roof, lean it up there then slide it across the length of the roof longways!

Steel vs aluminum is another consideration too. If you have a rack made from mild steel, or at least steel towers, you can stick magnets to them. Lights, string lights, tarps, mosquito netting, etc.

you are definitely right on the wind fairing though, i ran mine for like a day before putting it on and it was unbearable

So the Bowfin looks great but how much crap builds up between the support member and roof structure?

Seems like a trap to me.

That being said, where I'm at, I've got pine needles and maple blossoms that fall like rain and make compost anywhere they can settle. Others may not have the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom