Looking for a higher output alternator for my 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Terrain Tamer 100a alternator. Cruiser Brothers sells them.

you can have it rebuilt and "upped" by a local rebuilder if you have one in your area.
i tried this once and the builder completely effed it up leaving me to buy my own replacent. i think this is one of those critical components worth buying new, especially since they are readily available right now.

i tried this once and the builder completely effed it up leaving me to buy my own replacent. i think this is one of those critical components worth buying new, especially since they are readily available right now.
thats dissapointing, its a great no "KIT" option when its done right.

This is probably the biggest pain point for 24v LC owners. Be careful of places offering an alternator for your exact vehicle with high amp output if they do not specifically state the are 24v. There are definitely a lot of reasonably priced 12v options out there.

Like @RHINO stated the most reasonable option is to get a good shop to renovate yours and up it to a higher amp output. There is also a shop in New Mexico that sells some 85amp ones, but I would call them directly as their website is a bit cheesy and not sure how often they update it.

As I think I mentioned, I'm in the US. Sure would be nice to find a solution here and not have to pay 50% more for shipping! But it is good to know there's options out there.

Maybe this one: Alternator: 60-24-70-DV - Balmar - https://balmar.net/product/alternator-60-24-70-dv/

Mostly meant for marine applications but that doesn't matter of course. Balmar has a lot of options, a little bit confusing. This one has a double pulley as you will need and is 24V. Not a plug and play solution but I have read about 70-series owners who have installed one of these Balmars or a close variant. Some variants need an external regulator though.

This is probably the biggest pain point for 24v LC owners. Be careful of places offering an alternator for your exact vehicle with high amp output if they do not specifically state the are 24v. There are definitely a lot of reasonably priced 12v options out there.

Like @RHINO stated the most reasonable option is to get a good shop to renovate yours and up it to a higher amp output. There is also a shop in New Mexico that sells some 85amp ones, but I would call them directly as their website is a bit cheesy and not sure how often they update it.

that's an interesting place, 2040 parts. Thank you for posting that resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom