Long Travel AHC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was wondering how these will hold up after being exposed to the elements. Like mud and rocks clogging things up\not allowing to seal properly.

Cool concept though, let us know how they work!
The holes on top are 1/8 or 3/16. It’s additive manufactured, that is how each layer of the bump can have a different stiffness.

Back onto the shock bolt extensio if its ok.

Does anyone have a source for something around 1”? Or is Japan 4x4 the only game in 19mm shock mount extensions?

How do those spacers stay in place? Won't they rotate under pressure?

That's what I'm wondering too. The bushings will prob take a set one way or another and they'll tend to lean one way over time.

That's what I'm wondering too. The bushings will prob take a set one way or another and they'll tend to lean one way over time.

I see them being sold for trucks all over the place for cheap. I was thinking no way an f250 can reliable use a rotating $30 shackle set for the rear axle.

Twas too good to be true eh?

Any of yall weld around here?

I probably wasn't being clear in the earlier post. A couple things don't quite add up for me with this style extension.

20220725_205724-jpg.3069324

With this style extension, it turns the shock bushing 90°. It was necessary in the original orientation to account for the axle articulation/roll relative to the shock/chassis. With it turned 90°, it has relatively little deflection in roll. Which to @turbo8 s point, it will rotate metal to metal on the axle stud. Hopefully that doesn't untorque the bolt there?

Then where the shock bushing now is on the extension, creates a joint where there shouldn't be one. There will be slop there where the bushing will take a set and be bow legged over time.

Will it work? Probably? Long term, hrmm?

I probably wasn't being clear in the earlier post. A couple things don't quite add up for me with this style extension.

With this style extension, it turns the shock bushing 90°. It was necessary in the original orientation to account for the axle articulation/roll relative to the shock/chassis. With it turned 90°, it has relatively little deflection in roll. Which to @turbo8 s point, it will rotate metal to metal on the axle stud. Hopefully that doesn't untorque the bolt there?

Then where the shock bushing now is on the extension, creates a joint where there shouldn't be one. There will be slop there where the bushing will take a set and be bow legged over time.

Yeah you’re right, the rotation built into the tube mount on the axle articulation is lost…

Gotta be another solution that ill have to do, and further postpones my additional lift plans. You welded your double eye at home teck?

Can the tube be cut off and reattached in line with the bolt?

I might be able to make something that uses the hole above the shock mount to index off of.

How much higher do you want the shock mount?

I might be able to make something that uses the hole above the shock mount to index off of.

How much higher do you want the shock mount?
man If you made a 1” higher billet mount that tied into the original mount and horn, I’d pay you many American dollars

Yeah you’re right, the rotation built into the tube mount on the axle articulation is lost…

Gotta be another solution that ill have to do, and further postpones my additional lift plans. You welded your double eye at home teck?

Yes, welded at home.

No ones reported in yet, but perhaps the LX600 provides an extended travel option? I'm liking where @turbo8 is headed with an indexed riser.

The 100 series (LX470) guys have 100,000 miles without issues. However, It's worth keeping in mind that these were designed for the 100 series, which is lighter than the 200 series. There was lot's of skepticism about their performance, but many LX470's still run them without issue. Notably, I've never seen this done on the LX570, so it may come with it's own nuances.

The 100 series (LX470) guys have 100,000 miles without issues. However, It's worth keeping in mind that these were designed for the 100 series, which is lighter than the 200 series. There was lot's of skepticism about their performance, but many LX470's still run them without issue. Notably, I've never seen this done on the LX570, so it may come with it's own nuances.

I never heard much feedback about them on the 100-series in my time with my LX470. So that's good input. Only place to go now is for someone to try! I'd be glad to be proved wrong as long travel AHC is such an awesome thing if it could be made more accessible.

Can someone give me the outside diameter of the lower shock eye and the width of the inner bushing sleeve of the stock shock? I don't have mine anymore.

Can someone give me the outside diameter of the lower shock eye and the width of the inner bushing sleeve of the stock shock? I don't have mine anymore.

1671318836475.png

REye0_CC-vinQefjqPWiyOMc_x_-n8lLhgxC4N73DgOzUEs2CIROpfysWtHGplp-gy9x_pdpvfZ-0dxvZ1psXpgMFEbtqjgx6yjNIby3xM2hoHLkqvmbiiUpGijwdwxcfmsjDInvrocMoa9xBAUxRz_4PRFTEecQAQRwC014IpwrAYmToGUIwx6kIO3Y4f0Itj-FB6J25IDytpNcPnthcQ3VtF_QS0qEcLWU6UI32hTOzVc7wOmDCNS2al-5XZWijpBN8OZbp-BiCWdund1bofo5fJtC9vRTGTooHG-4DEntSOYSGmiqUyNB3kMBLpG3m6rQP7_s8uyXQcPii9E10SjTsln0PqCDyeCJQEbmM0MV5WO39pLYeQVjBlE3MlqGfS4A2RrK-0Dwwu64oO0_nJvwvbgm5tkS4w9gtZh3M3C4fwL4SFMsqzQdjUfce7_TNzeTxjBqbrxh_jOoXmg05AkHUuxpG8S1picgmLzeESelGg6xbqmT1uFvhFsuk-suF6ktWPOnVBI86_wsI_I8tKHCZR-RoHgm0Frm5dTUfoPw6-arm4rHX_rYlOuy0d3uaAW9BUdUtjkxFRU7C4FhrMP6BPnLrv2Z4qDoXAMWrkBuV43tOiRYXtmI09BvlpIjoyjhu1ut6zUqXqiT5NxCnz-a5h1oYIyaIssgB1emRlhOZU2hXv8gcwLawbmlCdAFmRyiagokbQFxHRxox_JVRMToP9FzAJZmaAZKK1wHFdK7v5o_8ntOm5rvyWRMANVibHlXxSw6Jl1zhMDj8P3Dp53sn-ERjrTXDX1J_cEIMHFfEWWkuax3ybKCp-h7sT_F5XvXoJMKU-llkvQaZz8eLWfWDZj8kf6RP_pUm4X7JqGyFtMr5YjW9mnLY_FdS-q8dBs7d5KL33hCSOUsQ7ca7daJ6MSlT0zj5vbTFwgXN_oOAQ=w1007-h1337-no

Based on those dimensions, the lowest offset distance of the shock mount would be around 1.75". I can move the mount inboard some to reduce the offset height but not the overall distance from the stock mount. Is this still worth pursuing at that distance?

shock.JPG

Based on those dimensions, the lowest offset distance of the shock mount would be around 1.75". I can move the mount inboard some to reduce the offset height but not the overall distance from the stock mount. Is this still worth pursuing at that distance?

View attachment 3195880

Um, yes. Thats a s***load. I only need 1" or 25mm to match the added travel in the front shock.
You are awesome for doing that btw, how do we order? lol

So, the rig is back together... Ill update my build thread soon.

My best attempts at retaining the alignment were unsuccessful, so I will definitely be once again, probably lifting more before the alignment is done.
Probably.... Why Probably?I took a spin around the block sans fender liners...

Holy s***, it might be as well be an s class with this level of buttery damping. Seriously.
Im only sensor maxed, and barely that to retain the levelest stance possible.
With this amount of preload front and rear, i may just stay here forever and accept the added downward articulation, some of that may be contributing to the ride i bet.

I mean seriously the ride was amazing, there are speed bump all on my main inlet street, i know them like the back of my hand.
It was really really nice.

View attachment 3195880

Theoretically so, I wish I had taken a measurement of the rear coils unloaded - can they extend another 1.75” before they start moving around at full droop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom