Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the uninitiated, why is the 3.0 so hated? I know it had head gasket issues but what else is wrong with it? Let’s be serious, a 22R, F, 2F, 3FE, etc aren’t exactly powerhouses either...
Careful... You're flirting with heresy. ;)
It lacks power, torque and fuel efficiency, the valve covers leak, it also tends to run hot for some reason and is not the most reliable engine either.
The 22re is an excellent engine with a good hp to weight ratio and it is efficient as hell; the 2f is very purpose built and is reliable and damn near bulletproof; the 3fe is actually an excellent engine, the issues was the power sucking auto trans they voted to it in the USA. Swap the A440F for an H41 or H55F to get the most out of the 3fe.

Careful... You're flirting with heresy. ;)
It lacks power, torque and fuel efficiency, the valve covers leak, it also tends to run hot for some reason and is not the most reliable engine either.
The 22re is an excellent engine with a good hp to weight ratio and it is efficient as hell; the 2f is very purpose built and is reliable and damn near bulletproof; the 3fe is actually an excellent engine, the issues was the power sucking auto trans they voted to it in the USA. Swap the A440F for an H41 or H55F to get the most out of the 3fe.

Got it - and you’re talking to a guy with a small block instead of a 2F. I have no love of Chevy or small blocks either. I’d actually prefer it if my truck had a 2F (or a 3FE).

I like all the Toyota Motors I listed and would actually love something with a 22R as well, I’ll agree they’re bomb proof and great built-to-purpose Motor’s, but speed demons they are not! If we are going to call the 3.0 a 3.slow I just think we’ve gotta be honest with ourselves - the Toyota motors prior to the UZ generation are a lot of things, and slow is definitely one of them ;)

I'd say a 7m made decent power.
The 3.slow (3vzfe) was replaced by the 3.4 (5vzfe) and the 2.7 (3rzfe) the 3rz and now the 2tr are probably the best 4cyl truck engines toyota ever made. All other modern v6 and v8 have had long runs too. And have proved super reliable.

I'd say a 7m made decent power.
The 3.slow (3vzfe) was replaced by the 3.4 (5vzfe) and the 2.7 (3rzfe) the 3rz and now the 2tr are probably the best 4cyl truck engines toyota ever made. All other modern v6 and v8 have had long runs too. And have proved super reliable.
3.4 is a great engine and is a popular swap for the 3.0.

i have 6 33x9.50 r15 bfg ats....ranging from about shot to never been driven on.
1 295x 75 r16 bfg at never been driven
1 285x75 r16 bfg at never been driven

im pretty bad about not rotating my spares in...and as a result have a wall of tires that i can't get matching tires for....due in large part to the bfg changing the design every few years now.

I could use the 285 r16

A buddy Chris has a worked over 3.0 in his 1st gen 4 runner and it ran and moved that truck pretty good. It sounded mean with headers and minimal exhaust.

I could use the 285 r16

20191201_073128.jpg

20191201_072727.jpg

20191201_072736.jpg

20191201_073052.jpg

Thanks @Yellow Jacket .... on sale even more today and they had them in blue. I'm a sucker for blue, Merry Christmas to me.

*Likely will never use these, but my truck will look much more legit to the Jeep crown with them attached near the roof in some manner.

I'd be suspect of their durability at that price.

I have a set of TRED's, and the very first time I used them, one of them cracked in three places. They did, however, send me a replacement set under warranty. So, excellent customer service at least!

I'd be suspect of their durability at that price.

I have a set of TRED's, and the very first time I used them, one of them cracked in three places. They did, however, send me a replacement set under warranty. So, excellent customer service at least!

I feel lken I was there that day. I was surprised how easily it cracked

Thought someone might be interested in these recovery tracks on sale

X-BULL New Recovery Traction Tracks Sand Mud Snow Track Tire Ladder 4WD (Orange, 3gen) Amazon product ASIN B07R5HYGDN
These would've been helpful when I got stuck in an icy ditch (hidden by 10" of fresh powder) last winter on a ski trip in NH. Happily, AAA covered my tow ($250) out of the ditch. I tried putting towels under the tires but couldn't get any traction d/t the ice. It was a cold night, -3F but a beautiful clear sky. Happily I had a full tank of gas

Cross posting my 2019 Tacoma TRD sport wheels and tires for sale. Only 678 miles on them

14BD29A0-12B4-41CA-B499-5B1659FE51AF.jpeg
F6850275-075A-4928-8B32-EA313CE359C9.jpeg

I have some 100 series stuff I am not sure if it sells or should I scrap it.
SOLD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom