Lj71 build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't got much done lately. Need to get some dry ice and more sound deadner and some acoustic deadner but cash is a bit short after Christmas. Don't really want to start any more work on the truck before I put the interior back together as I have enough parts taking up space In the shed atm. Got some side lights off aliexpress that were meant to clip in but must be for a different model. fitted them with some double sided tape. I might mount them properly at some point or look for some to replace the old ones as I would have to cover up the screw holes and probably weld in some sheet metal to get them to fit. Seem to be stuck on pretty good with the tape though see how long they last

I've seen those lights on AliExpress and those are for the KZJ7X models. I have not seen any Sequential LED markers that will fit LJs. I recently sourced a set of clear side markers for my LJ71 from Yahoo Auctions Japan, made by DEPO.

If you are looking for OEM orange ones, the part numbers are 81730-60050 and 81730-60051. Not sure if both sides are still in stock, but that might make for a cleaner install. You'll also need the plastic inserts that go into the fenders for the screws.

I've seen those lights on AliExpress and those are for the KZJ7X models. I have not seen any Sequential LED markers that will fit LJs. I recently sourced a set of clear side markers for my LJ71 from Yahoo Auctions Japan, made by DEPO.

If you are looking for OEM orange ones, the part numbers are 81730-60050 and 81730-60051. Not sure if both sides are still in stock, but that might make for a cleaner install. You'll also need the plastic inserts that go into the fenders for the screws.
I was thinking if they don't stay stuck on, they look like if you broke the clear plastic off them they would fit under the old marker lights perfectly. I still have the covers just the bulb fittings have disintegrated over the years so might try that. Still have the screw inserts in a bag somewhere. These lj models seem to be a bit left out when it comes to parts!

Weathers finally warmed up enough to start painting, hunting and family have taken up most of my time this winter/year so the old girls been a bit neglected but starting to get a bit done latelly. Stripped the sound deadner off and primed and painted the floor, laid new sound deadner down over the whole floor. Just need to put all the interior back in to make room in the shed for some of the mechanical parts that need to come off. Started attacking underneath for paint to. Quite a bit of rust on the floor and the rear of the chassis from 30 years of dust getting stuck between the body and the fuel tank. Looks like it's all just surface rust but it's going to be a lot of hours underneath with a wire wheel. Im planning on giving the whole underbody a paint one section at a time
IMG_20231204_141022.jpg
IMG_20231126_163839.jpg
IMG_20231125_142433.jpg
IMG_20231125_172317.jpg
IMG_20231204_211430.jpg

Anyone know what that box does and what that cover is actually for? Goes up beside the drivers head on the roof
IMG_20231211_205252.jpg
IMG_20231211_205310.jpg

The box is likely the rear window wiper relay:
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 11.58.38 PM.png

The little plastic cover is for one of the interior temperature sensors for the inside/outside thermometer on the dash.

The box is likely the rear window wiper relay:
View attachment 3505128

The little plastic cover is for one of the interior temperature sensors for the inside/outside thermometer on the dash.
Thanks 👍 thought it was the relay for thoughs wipers. Makes sense why I didn't find anything under the cover as my truck doesn't have the temp display unfortunatly

Thanks 👍 thought it was the relay for thoughs wipers. Makes sense why I didn't find anything under the cover as my truck doesn't have the temp display unfortunatly
I was wondering if models without the temp display had the covers or not, I guess that answers my question!

Shortened one of the scrub bars to fit again, planning on building some rock sliders at some point so will need more modification at some point to join into them. Mostly just procrastinating from attacking the rust under the truck. Nothing deep but a heck of a lot under the paint, from the looks it's mainly just the back section were the fuel tank was. Slowly chipping away when I have some free time which doesn't seem very often ATM. Anyone have experience sand blasting under there? Had a quick look online but sounds like it's messy and the little bits of sand get caught everywhere and end up causing more rust
IMG_20231217_115100.jpg
IMG_20231217_121721.jpg
IMG_20231217_131955.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom