Lift on LX 570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I have done some research on this Forum and did not really find an answer. I am about to Pull the trigger on a 2013 LX 570 that came up locally, I originally wanted a LandCruiser but this deal is too good to pass up, great service history and everything. I saw all the hurdles of having a lift put on these LXs and if its even possible, but I see Dobinsons makes a lift kit for the LX 570? Does this mean it is possible without paying someone a ton of money? I am just trying to feel this out before I go purchase it today, because I really want to throw some 33s or 34s on it immediately. Any advice would help!

Clears the panhard thing well?
yeah, but I've got an oem subtank above it, so it's a bit lower than the US stock setup. maybe it rules the fitment out, but I don't think the 295/70r18 and 35x10.5r17 differ much in book size, especially with the manufacturer specific differences.

Example - i'd expect a BFG to fit in no problem, but perhaps not a Mickey Thompson.

Hi guys, I was reading about sensors lifts and everyone it's talking about how easy it is, just extending the sensors. I had a LX570 some years ago and I though that the sensor lift was going to leave with more preassure the AHC system and the shocks, so what I did was installing a proper 2" inch lift kit, front and rear, so when I move the sensors, the preassure of the system will remain as close as the original was... that makes sense? It ran like heaven.

I have recently bought a LC 2011 with the same AHC system and I would like to do the same, I don´t trust the idea of just moving the sensors.

Some has done this yet?

(I'm from Chile and there´s not many LC, we have the LX only)

What 2” lift did you install on your previous lx570?
Hi guys, I was reading about sensors lifts and everyone it's talking about how easy it is, just extending the sensors. I had a LX570 some years ago and I though that the sensor lift was going to leave with more preassure the AHC system and the shocks, so what I did was installing a proper 2" inch lift kit, front and rear, so when I move the sensors, the preassure of the system will remain as close as the original was... that makes sense? It ran like heaven.

I have recently bought a LC 2011 with the same AHC system and I would like to do the same, I don´t trust the idea of just moving the sensors.

Some has done this yet?

(I'm from Chile and there´s not many LC, we have the LX only)

Sorry for the quality, but the only one I found

Sin título.png

I have a 2010lx with full sensor lift front and rear. I have installed 30mm spacers in the front and 40mm in the rear to augment the pressure.... It rides like a dream in most scenarios.

What’s a good source for spacers?

On sale for black friday. These are for the rear.

Lots of guys just use the stock LC200 front spacers, available from any toyota dealer that you prefer

Did you have to re-gear for 35's?
Have to—no. Benefit from it, yes.

Depends on how you use the truck, where you live, and what your goals are. For mall crawlin’ I don’t think it’s super necessary.

2016+ has a higher final drive but much lower first gear with 8-speed transmission so they seem to be less effected for daily driving.

Did you have to re-gear for 35's?

35’s with no regear and a 5.7 is probably similar to how a stock 100 runs with the 4.7.

A lot of folks complain about them being underpowered, but they get along fine.

'16+ with the 8-speed and 34's (285/75/17) and I don't feel the need for a regear. If I went any bigger I'd probably do it.

Have to—no. Benefit from it, yes.

Depends on how you use the truck, where you live, and what your goals are. For mall crawlin’ I don’t think it’s super necessary.

2016+ has a higher final drive but much lower first gear with 8-speed transmission so they seem to be less effected for daily driving.
Ahh thank you

Personal preference is a large factor too. I'm not even on 34s yet, but a couple inches more ride height than stock, and dislike how quick my rig is to downshift at freeway speeds from gradual hills in central new mexico or a stiff headwind for example. Moving from the stock 3.9s to 4.3s will bring back factory cruising RPMs and address this annoyance for me.. that many people wouldn't mind.

In the back of my mind I know it's more shifting, more work for the transmission and torque converter, etc.

Personal preference is a large factor too. I'm not even on 34s yet, but a couple inches more ride height than stock, and dislike how quick my rig is to downshift at freeway speeds from gradual hills in central new mexico or a stiff headwind for example. Moving from the stock 3.9s to 4.3s will bring back factory cruising RPMs and address this annoyance for me.. that many people wouldn't mind.

In the back of my mind I know it's more shifting, more work for the transmission and torque converter, etc.
I’m in the same boat.

I’ve got 35’s and a relatively heavy lx (bumpers, sliders, roof basket) and I plan, when the time comes, to bump the tires down to 285 70 r17’s (33’s)…coupled with slightly lower gears at 4.10’s for the stock 3.9’s (I think)

The extra height gives you marginally increased Offroad performance but will reduce on road performance marginally too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom