Lift on LX 570? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I have done some research on this Forum and did not really find an answer. I am about to Pull the trigger on a 2013 LX 570 that came up locally, I originally wanted a LandCruiser but this deal is too good to pass up, great service history and everything. I saw all the hurdles of having a lift put on these LXs and if its even possible, but I see Dobinsons makes a lift kit for the LX 570? Does this mean it is possible without paying someone a ton of money? I am just trying to feel this out before I go purchase it today, because I really want to throw some 33s or 34s on it immediately. Any advice would help!

You can lift the hydraulic suspension by changing the zero point on the sensors. We’re calling it a sensor lift, there are a couple threads. Try ahc lift it as search term. I am running true 35 with a mild sensor lift. For 33 you probably don’t have to do anything. Watch your wheel offset. .
This takes about 10 min and. 10mm wrench.

If you want to remove the ahc and replace with coils you can do that too. Look at Turbo8 posts.

Here you go. 35’s on a 4inch Stock lift 😁

5E7ECB3C-D653-4E0B-BA6D-7400C33AC9FB.jpeg

You can lift the hydraulic suspension by changing the zero point on the sensors. We’re calling it a sensor lift, there are a couple threads. Try ahc lift it as search term. I am running true 35 with a mild sensor lift. For 33 you probably don’t have to do anything. Watch your wheel offset. .

If you want to remove the ahc and replace with coils you can do that too. Look at Turbo8 posts.
Awesome, I will check it out, how much lift can you expect to get out of a sensor lift??

I saw all the hurdles of having a lift put on these LXs and if its even possible,

This couldn't be further from the truth.

AHC makes lifting easy without spending much of anything. And enables the ability to get some serious lift without the compromises in day to day use.

4", and I'll say to 6"+ with a combination of things (tires, suspension, BL) is not out of the question.

1611677859794.png

Here you go. 35’s on a 4inch Stock lift 😁

View attachment 2565473

Please stop posting pics of your truck, you are going to make me order a Dissent rear bumper for my LC if you keep it up haha. In all seriousness I really need to meet up with you locally so that I can see it in person, definitely interested.

This couldn't be further from the truth.

AHC makes lifting easy without spending much of anything. And enables the ability to get some serious lift without the compromises in day to day use.

4", and I'll say to 6"+ with a combination of things (tires, suspension, BL) is not out of the question.

View attachment 2565480
The thing im curious about is, it looks nice whenever the AHC is set to High, but you cant keep it at that level from what I read, so how do you keep it from rubbing when it drops back to normal setting?

The thing im curious about is, it looks nice whenever the AHC is set to High, but you cant keep it at that level from what I read, so how do you keep it from rubbing when it drops back to normal setting?
I have above mentioned sensor lift and some trimming.
Height on IFS doesn't allow for bigger tires - you have to make sure they clear in Lo mode. There are several threads around here, including @Teck's "fitting 35'2" which im sure someone will link.
The sensor lift is permanent, but the rig still drops to Normal when you go above 19mph.

Not sure if your background is with solid axles, but with the front IFS, lift really doesn't have much to do with making clearance for tires. The tire needs to fit across the stroke of the suspension which lift does not change. It only sets the neutral point. The LX has clearance for bigger tires than the LC.

Sensor lifts can be set up to about 1.75" stock or more with brackets. The ride height will be offset for every height mode from that. Personally, the advantage of AHC is not to overly bias the sensor lift as AHC high should retain some useful droop travel.

For technical off-road where additional clearance is necessary, 4LO will setup the suspension to keep higher clearances up to about 50mph. Combine that with the sensor lift, and it maintains about 3-4" lift.

1611678528508.png

Thats some very good info, I am going to be honest, I am new to most of this. I just know I want some big tires! haha. So doing a sensor lift and some trimming should be good enough to fit 35s on them then right?

Thats some very good info, I am going to be honest, I am new to most of this. I just know I want some big tires! haha. So doing a sensor lift and some trimming should be good enough to fit 35s on them then right?
With the appropriate offset and a narrow tire, sure. If you want to slap any old 35x12.5 on a 0 offset rim, then no.
For a 33" not much to do. For a 34" some planning and some trimming. For a 35" very careful selection, and maybe even then a BMC.

THe limitation isn't suspension based, it's wheel well and offset.

Lots of reading and you'll be up to speed.

yuppers

For your 35's, how far up did you go in modifying the sensor lift? And did you need spacers for the wheels to prevent rubbing? And any suspesion/AHC issues after running it this way for a while?

For your 35's, how far up did you go in modifying the sensor lift? And did you need spacers for the wheels to prevent rubbing? And any suspesion/AHC issues after running it this way for a while?

how many miles on your rig?
some experience rougher ride with lift. I didnt notice change, but I only have 80k miles. you'll most likely need wheel spacers, but just enough to clear your UCAs. take a look at this thread on slightly smaller than 35s.

Please stop posting pics of your truck, you are going to make me order a Dissent rear bumper for my LC if you keep it up haha. In all seriousness I really need to meet up with you locally so that I can see it in person, definitely interested.

We need a Houston area small meet up... for research purposes 😄

Apologies, back on topic...

35’s (34.5’s) don’t seem to fit in the spare tire location…the 34.3’s (295 70 r18) do seem to fit in the spare tire location. Short of running a spare on a swing away on the bumper or running a slightly smaller spare than 35”, the 34.3’s are the tallest tire you can run….maybe you could get away with running a somewhat worn 35 and it would fit.

35’s (34.5’s) don’t seem to fit in the spare tire location…the 34.3’s (295 70 r18) do seem to fit in the spare tire location. Short of running a spare on a swing away on the bumper or running a slightly smaller spare than 35”, the 34.3’s are the tallest tire you can run….maybe you could get away with running a somewhat worn 35 and it would fit.
I can confirm a 1/2 worn 35x10.5r17 will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom