Lift Kit / Noises / Wheels and Tire Help Please (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I have quite the doozy here as it relates to issues and help I am looking for.

I recently installed an Ironman Cell Foam Pro 2in lift kit on my 98 LC100. Since doing so, she is lifted, appears to be quite high. Whenever I cruise over a speed bump at anything more than 7-8mph I get this loud clunk sound in the front end of my car, I am assuming that maybe she is too high and my shocks are topped out and that's the bang? Any insight greatly appreciated.

I also am apparently missing a bit of confused as I didn't believe I would need new UCA but when getting the car aligned with the individual who performed the lift kit install he said I am unable to get the alignment I should. I am currently at -0.4 on the left and +0.1 on the right and for camber it's about -0.5 on both left and right. I don't understand what I would need to do in order to adjust/fix this issue. Do I really need new UCAs?

I am also facing the dilemma of purchasing new wheels/tires for the truck and have seen many people opt with the method wheels and with a 2in lift decide to get 285/70/17 tires, however, is there a wheel from method that will allow you to run all 4 caps on without leaving the hub exposed?

Lastly! I have a noise from whenever my car is first turned over when I accelerate from first to second gear, kind of like a creaking but its consistent as I accelerate and right before the noise comes about I feel a slight crunchy-ness in the gas pedal and then the sound persists for about 3-5 seconds as I accelerate.

I know this is a ton of info, ive tried to read the forums and search the web and sadly I am at a loss with all the system and info overload there.

Truly appreciate the help

Hey everyone,

I have quite the doozy here as it relates to issues and help I am looking for.

I recently installed an Ironman Cell Foam Pro 2in lift kit on my 98 LC100. Since doing so, she is lifted, appears to be quite high. Whenever I cruise over a speed bump at anything more than 7-8mph I get this loud clunk sound in the front end of my car, I am assuming that maybe she is too high and my shocks are topped out and that's the bang? Any insight greatly appreciated.

I also am apparently missing a bit of confused as I didn't believe I would need new UCA but when getting the car aligned with the individual who performed the lift kit install he said I am unable to get the alignment I should. I am currently at -0.4 on the left and +0.1 on the right and for camber it's about -0.5 on both left and right. I don't understand what I would need to do in order to adjust/fix this issue. Do I really need new UCAs?

I am also facing the dilemma of purchasing new wheels/tires for the truck and have seen many people opt with the method wheels and with a 2in lift decide to get 285/70/17 tires, however, is there a wheel from method that will allow you to run all 4 caps on without leaving the hub exposed?

Lastly! I have a noise from whenever my car is first turned over when I accelerate from first to second gear, kind of like a creaking but its consistent as I accelerate and right before the noise comes about I feel a slight crunchy-ness in the gas pedal and then the sound persists for about 3-5 seconds as I accelerate.

I know this is a ton of info, ive tried to read the forums and search the web and sadly I am at a loss with all the system and info overload there.

Truly appreciate the help
I can't help too much with the noise coming from the drivetrain but I will say check your front lift measurements. You want to retain that 50mm of droop for good travel/ride comfort. I run method 305s w bfg 285/70/17 and the large hub cabs that extend out look a little funny to me but all 4 hubs are covered no issues. The offset looks really nice and I barely run the inner fender plastic only at full squish and turning. I have cut out the pinch weld and molded the fender liner a little away from the wheel.
IMG_9022.jpeg

Maybe check transmission fluid maintenance and do some if it has never been done. Could help regardless of it maybe fixing the squeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom