Front-end vibration when accelerating — new kit, wheels and tires — What’s causing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2003 LC, 193000 miles — Recently installed an Old Man Emu 2” lift kit, new method wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T’s 285/70/17. When stepping on the accelerating, basically to get into passing gear, the front end vibrates and the truck feels like it doesn’t want to kick in the necessary power. Eventually, I can power through and the truck runs like a dream when driving normally (not accelerating, asking for lots of power). The shop thought it was the CV axles and that they needed replacing because the old ones were “used to” the prior angle and smaller tires after 20 years of driving. I replaced both and they did nothing to address the vibration while accelerating. They also think it may be an “angry” transfer case issue, “nothing to worry about, but annoying as hell.” Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas for further exploration?
I’m also considering what I consider to be a potentially easy fix: reducing the tire size. Thanks for your input and expertise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom