LED low beam, test thread w pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed the Auxito low beams, and love them!!!

The high beams? eh, not so much. Just because of the DRL issues. Just stock by themselves, they flicker like crazy in my 2011. I tried this "intelligent decoder" linked below which resulted in a "bit" of improvement, but the light still flickered in DRL mode, albeit much more slowly. Additional, with the decoder, the intensity of the DRL appeared to be at full strength, as the beam didn't appear to change between DRL mode and flashing the brights, at least on my garage wall in the afternoon... Not surprised by this, since the Auxito llisting on Amazon says they do not work as DRL's, and, well hey, they don't. I know you can turn off DRL, but I don't really want, or need, to do that with so many other options out there. Honestly, the 9005 that are in there aren't really "bad", and there is always the 9011 option. I know it won't match the color temperature of the Auxito LED's in the low beam, but we're not huge users of the high beams.

Amazon product ASIN B08HSRPWV7

Last edited:
Yeah, tried swapping seals and everything. No dice, they set in the noches, but I can't get them to turn, so I'm returning them.

I was going to pull the trigger on the morimotos Amazon product ASIN B07HJHGHRS but Amazon says specifically that they don't fit in the Toyota side entry projectors, which is what I'm assuming we have on the 460? Does anyone have experience getting them to fit?
There are some other budget H11 low beams like Amazon product ASIN B07NPMV1H5 that have really good (and a ton of) reviews, but I'm pretty skeptical. I would also consider the Diode Dynamics h11 LED, but they didn't get great reviews.

I might just go with some silverstar ultras for now. Although I really don't want to drop $50 just to replace them shortly down the line. But I busted my halogen pulling it out, so I'm currently down a headlight and need to do something sooner than later.
I tried the Fahren LED's in my 05' GX470 and nothing happened. They do not power up. No fuse blow because I put the old H9 Phillips bulbs back in and they worked fine.

I drove my wife's rig this morning, its a 2013 with the halogen headlight housings. I put these bulbs in the other day and they are amazing, They fit with half an inch to spare between the fan and the cover. The GX460 halogen housings have a solid cutoff line and keep the beam low and tight for other drivers. The brightest is just like my OEM 2017 HID lights in my car. We drive 45 minutes on rural roads to town and it makes driving at night way better.

Definitely awesome

Hikari 2023 Future 30000LM H11/H8/H9 LED Bulbs, 65W Titanova LED, High Lumens LED Kit,6000K Cool White, IP68 Waterproof, Halogen Upgrade Replacement, H16 Foglight https://a.co/d/b4xf8Vw

How loud are the fans on the Hikaris? I have $40 Auxito bulbs in mine which are OK but not great. I tried the upgraded Auxitos, which had very good light output and patterning, but the fans were so incredibly loud that they could be heard in the cabin with the engine running (kind of annoying with such a high-pitched noise).

How loud are the fans on the Hikaris? I have $40 Auxito bulbs in mine which are OK but not great. I tried the upgraded Auxitos, which had very good light output and patterning, but the fans were so incredibly loud that they could be heard in the cabin with the engine running (kind of annoying with such a high-pitched noise).
Not the same but the fans on my Auxitos are whisper quiet.

I installed the Auxito low beams, and love them!!!

The high beams? eh, not so much. Just because of the DRL issues. Just stock by themselves, they flicker like crazy in my 2011. I tried this "intelligent decoder" linked below which resulted in a "bit" of improvement, but the light still flickered in DRL mode, albeit much more slowly. Additional, with the decoder, the intensity of the DRL appeared to be at full strength, as the beam didn't appear to change between DRL mode and flashing the brights, at least on my garage wall in the afternoon... Not surprised by this, since the Auxito llisting on Amazon says they do not work as DRL's, and, well hey, they don't. I know you can turn off DRL, but I don't really want, or need, to do that with so many other options out there. Honestly, the 9005 that are in there aren't really "bad", and there is always the 9011 option. I know it won't match the color temperature of the Auxito LED's in the low beam, but we're not huge users of the high beams.

Amazon product ASIN B08HSRPWV7
I need to follow this up to say that after my front bumper install, I replaced the factory fogs with Diode Dynamics Stage Series combo spot/flood 3" pods, and they blow my LED low beams away. If I could drive with just them, I would. They are DOT certified. Not sure what y'all will do with that information, but both the OEM and LED low beams seem to be the weakest point in the GX lighting system...

Not the same but the fans on my Auxitos are whisper quiet.
My $40 Auxitos are quiet, but light output and pattern is just OK (still better than halogens for sure). The $60 upgraded Auxitos I tried were super-loud - I even got a replacement set from Amazon (still super-loud) and sent them back. They had great output, through. I'm hoping something exists that has good output without a crazy-loud 20,000 RPM fan that can be heard inside :).

My $40 Auxitos are quiet, but light output and pattern is just OK (still better than halogens for sure). The $60 upgraded Auxitos I tried were super-loud - I even got a replacement set from Amazon (still super-loud) and sent them back. They had great output, through. I'm hoping something exists that has good output without a crazy-loud 20,000 RPM fan that can be heard inside :).

I got these for the high beams and the same style for the low beams. The low beams are no longer on amazon. Light patterns are great.

AUXITO 9005 LED Bulbs 12000LM Per Set 6500K Xenon White Mini Size HB3 Wireless Light Bulb, Pack of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom