Leaf lengths (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Current soa: stock 40 leafs, non-shackle reversal, rear's flipped + front's frame mounts moved forward = 96"-97" WB plus or minus.

Pondering; Front's pos. side 24" w/ neg. side 24"
Rear's pos. side 24" w/ neg. side 26"
or
Front 26" pos side w/ 24" negative side
Rear 26" positive side w/ 26"-28" negative side

or ??

Goal: 1) tweak SOA concept 2) lower rig 3) handle high wind/hwy speeds better 4) soak up dirt road washboards 5) increase ass-end flex 6) high degree of reliability to offset vehicle maintenance habits

Reality: large $ only for springs, custom long travel front drive shaft out because I am trying to increase my odds of getting this for x-mas http://www.kennedymfg.com/2702MP.htm

Back in the day, I went over to Placerville and had Warden put on my power steering and its position while great if SR SOA, does not help my cause of increasing approach angle with a SF SOA. Not that I am ready to tackle changing it out-way to much work.

Two of the key things I will be doing is lowering the lift and increasing approach angle, all based off a SF SOA. Made this shackle today, something along this type should open up a couple more mounting options...i think.

replying to myself..sad really ..haha
PROTO SHACKLE.JPG

appreciate it landcruiser phil.

Shackle on top of frame would have to be pretty big and long,while down and out mounting might work, but what is to be gained besides lower lift height?
way up here smudged.JPG
out and down.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom