LC200 Visual Comparison Chart (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know what you'll are thinking 'Gosh Patrick, you have so much free time on your hands, why don't you cure cancer or the problem with Trump's hair instead of this silly chart?'.

Look, I get it but the 'hair' thing seems to be mysteriously attached to his brain and you know how hard that can be....

Anyway, just because, here is my first pass at a comparrision chart of 200 Series Land Cruisers - 2011 - 2017.
LC-comparrison.jpg

...back to cancer I guess....

Patrick

LOL.....need 2018 pictures for your chart?

I can get them but sure, here's my list:
- Front
- Side
- Back
- Dash
- Engine
- Guidelines
- Light Panel
- Rear Console

Naming convention: 'Front - 2018'

I've been grabbing them from cars.com - lots to pick from.

I know I should add some additional things - maybe, Steering Wheel, Shifiter Console and maybe some basic stats like Number of Cameras, etc..

Thanks,
Patrick

No love for 2008-2010?
Can send pics of an '08 if desired

No hate for Series 100s -- I had 2 and loved them but, now I have the 200 Series so that's why I built it that way and posted it to the LC200 group.

Again, no disrespect for your LC.

Patrick

It might save you some time to just do pics of an 08, 13, and 16 since there weren't changes in between those. 08-11 (no 12), 13-15, 16-current didn't have appearance changes within each of those ranges.

Sure there are - the headlight for example.

The side 'runner' is different also.

Nothing much but enough for the little charty thingy I made.

Patrick

No hate for Series 100s -- I had 2 and loved them but, now I have the 200 Series so that's why I built it that way and posted it to the LC200 group.

Again, no disrespect for your LC.

Patrick

You understand the 200 series started model year 2008, right? He’s not referring to 100s.

The question was why the first years of the 200 weren’t on there.

Anyway... Very cool idea.

Last edited:
You understand the 200 series started model year 2008, right? He’s not referring to 100s.

The question was why the first years of the 200 were on there.

You're right, I must be thinking of the 4.7 v 5.7 engine delineation. I've had them both but made a mistake where the 200 started.

My bad.

You're right, I must be thinking of the 4.7 v 5.7 engine delineation. I've had them both but made a mistake where the 200 started.

My bad.

I think it’s a pretty awesome thing you did. Would be absolutely worth adding to the FAQ at the top section of this forum (paging @Romer re afar link..) :)

I only mentioned the correction bc it seemed you were thinking 2008-10 was 100 series. :)

Anyway...nice work!

M

PS. My 2008 200 series is 5.7 like all US-spec 200’s. ;)

Just imagine how complicated such a chart would be in Australia! So many versions over there!!

Last edited:
I think it’s a pretty awesome thing you did. Would be absolutely worth adding to the FAQ at the top section of this forum (paging @Romer re afar link..) :)

I only mentioned the correction bc it seemed you were thinking 2008-10 was 100 series. :)

Anyway...nice work!

M

PS. My 2008 200 series is 5.7 like all US-spec 200’s. ;)

Just imagine how complicated such a chart would be in Australia! So many versions over there!!

Thanks!

Interesting.

Nope, again, didn't know the year it changed - I had:
1995 - dead
1996 - dead
1999 - dead
2004 - dead
2011 - ALIVE and kicking!

I'll change the size of the 'paper' to legal and start adding other years.

Patrick

Done added to the General section

You know what's weird; after spending a stupid amount of time looking at this, there is no good way to produce this chart

I used InDesign but very quickly, the Document Size doesn't make sense. I tried Excel early on but it can't handle more then a couple images anchored to cells without crashing or worse, added and updating screws everything up. I gave up several times.

WordPress (I really hate that program), isn't really any good unless I buy a Grid plug-in and then each of them are only designed around the the social networking side of things (yes, I looked).

For all you with way to much time on your hands or otherwise need some distraction from work or life, here's the basics of what is needed (any obviously, not just for this but any chart like this):
- Almost unlimited Columns
- Tons of Rows
- Freeze Column and Rows - meaning, as you scroll down, the column heading is static. A you scroll right, the first column is static. Excel has this feature if you can figure it out - super useful.
- Other features that would be great would be simple captions per image, ease of use to remove and replace content (harder then it sounds), crop and scale basic functionality, a long term solution to the immigration issues of the country.

Obviously, I've wondered out of the 'hay, look at my Jeep mods' to a full time job. So be it.

You know what they say, Necessity is the Mother that won't stop bitchin' about keeping your day job - something like that - right.

Patrick

Thanks, I'll be adding the last two years and a couple more sections.

I hate the man, more then any human alive today but totally agree with you - if someone was just as insane on the left, I would hate him also.

Also, this isn't the place to discuss that's why I was playing it jokey - not that any place is safe from extreme opinions on either side.

LC200 - look at all the pretty bells and whistles....!
Thanks, I'll be adding the last two years and a couple more sections.

I hate the man, more then any human alive today but totally agree with you - if someone was just as insane on the left, I would hate him also.

Also, this isn't the place to discuss that's why I was playing it jokey - not that any place is safe from extreme opinions on either side.

LC200 - look at all the pretty bells and whistles....!

Communist

I prefer fascist with a dollop of open market economy - you know, just to keep everyone guessing around X-Mass time.

Anyway... WIP - the chart from hell. Yes, some big holes. 2019 & 2010 are pretty hard to find pictures of - not that big a deal but...
LC-comparrison-rev-3.jpg

I added the Steering Wheel, Cockpit and Shift Console - lots of little changes there. Need to back-fill the newer years with those.

Obviously, need to clean up all the alignment and generally clean it up.

Suggestions are welcome.

Patrick

I prefer fascist with a dollop of open market economy - you know, just to keep everyone guessing around X-Mass time.

Anyway... WIP - the chart from hell. Yes, some big holes. 2019 & 2010 are pretty hard to find pictures of - not that big a deal but...
LC-comparrison-rev-3.jpg

I added the Steering Wheel, Cockpit and Shift Console - lots of little changes there. Need to back-fill the newer years with those.

Obviously, need to clean up all the alignment and generally clean it up.

Suggestions are welcome.

Patrick

This might seem crazy, but you can actually create huuuge custom “page” sizes in Microsoft Word...and do all sorts of crazy layouts if you make photos free-moving.
You could then create a PDF, and while it would end up being a substantial file size...the photos would maintain far more detail so that when zoomed, the detail would remain.

I’ve done this in a pinch many times over the years and even done entire publication starting with such methods. It’s not what a pro would do...and seems primitive...but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom