LC100/LX470 Part-Time Conversion Discussion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

when i first installed my hubs i was running in the same configuration and did so for 4 months maybe, no clunks at all.

have you checked all your u-joints?

Have you swapped your drive flanges back on?

I would probably just live with until you get the transfer case sorted out.
I have checked everything. Scrapped the drive flanges as they were original and wore out. I can visibly watch the CVs rotate at the spindle and hear the simultaneous clunk when shifting from R to D and D to R. I can't rotate the CVs at all when parked, but I can rotate the tire a bit when jacked up, so it would seem there is play in the hub. Good news is that there is rarely any clunk when driving.

Yeah it's about time I got into the transfer case. I've only had the spool sitting on the workbench for 15 months....but I keep thinking about instaling the underdrive gear too.

I have checked everything. Scrapped the drive flanges as they were original and wore out. I can visibly watch the CVs rotate at the spindle and hear the simultaneous clunk when shifting from R to D and D to R. I can't rotate the CVs at all when parked, but I can rotate the tire a bit when jacked up, so it would seem there is play in the hub. Good news is that there is rarely any clunk when driving.

Yeah it's about time I got into the transfer case. I've only had the spool sitting on the workbench for 15 months....but I keep thinking about instaling the underdrive gear too.
highly recommend the under drive at a minimum, if you are wanting lower low i also highly recommend the 3:1 low gears... P/T, under drive, low range gears 1000% my favorite upgrade(s) for my 100 series..

does it clunk every time you shift between R & D? what about between Park and Reverse?

highly recommend the under drive at a minimum, if you are wanting lower low i also highly recommend the 3:1 low gears... P/T, under drive, low range gears 1000% my favorite upgrade(s) for my 100 series..
Same

I would highly recommend the Low gear install, underdrive setup too. Part time if you not needing full time 4x4 in snow / ice conditions through the year.
I live in Texas so, part time works for me here. Very little snow / ice. Once you go part time then it’s a conventional 4x4 with those restrictions can’t operate on dry payment , now have to stop lock your hubs, engage center dif lock or low range to have 4x4. If you drive hubs locked and center dif unlocked you are spinning the front axles and driveshaft without a load and possible vibration at high speeds. But have 4x4 on demand.

The other upgrade I did, Supercharger and that is a huge upgrade. Feels like you dropped a 5.7 v8 in and really transform the way the truck leans into the torque and accelerates at lower rpm’s .

Be mindful underdrive unit can make a little gear noise when cold and quieter when warmer. Unlike you hear nothing before.

Clunking R, D, R axle flanges yep, mine where worn, CV axles internals some can have wear, dive line u joints , slip yoke, and mine also has slop in the spider gears inside the transfer case itself that gets removed when you do a part time kit.

Hope it helps

Tex

does it clunk every time you shift between R & D? what about between Park and Reverse?
Every time unless center diff is locked. I will post a video of the CVs rotating and clunking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom