LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spoke too soon. My first issue... left front speaker cuts out. When I turn volume all the way down (mute) then up again, the speaker starts working again. Anyone else encounter this problem?

Hi All, I just joined and started posting but I've been lurking and learning for a while now. I have a ZF-1305X px6 unit with Android 8.1. For the most part all is pretty good. But I've not been able to get the video out of the back. The sticker says HDMI out, but it's really a Display Port connector. I've tried both and active and passive Display Port to HDMI cable but I've never seen any video yet. Has anyone got this to work? What adapter(s) to RCA video did you use? Were there any software tricks or settings to get it to work? I've posted some additional details about my installation and experience on the 2003 specific thread 2003 LC Tesla Screen Install Write-Up

I've talked to Rhino Radios and they have told me that my 2002 LX470 is NOT supported. This is based on pictures I have sent them of my stock system. I was not able to get a very specific reason why it was not supported, but the picture of the system that they do support for the 2002 LX shows a touch screen that does not have climate control integrated as mine does.

My system looks VERY similar to the 2003 LX that they do support. I am contemplating ordering that and giving it a shot. Although that is an expensive gamble.

Does anyone know of any other vendors that may help with this type of after market system? I can't find it now, but I think I read earlier in the thread about a place that can outfit iPads to get similar results.

Thanks.

View attachment 2128303
Every have any luck finding something? I'm in the same boat as you with the '02 Mark Levinson integrated climate. Thanks!

I'm about to order this from Phoenix Audio, are they in China? How long until the radio gets here? I have very little patience once i click the buy button.

I'm about to order this from Phoenix Audio, are they in China? How long until the radio gets here? I have very little patience once i click the buy button.
I ordered my right off alibaba website and it took about 10 days back in July.

Phoenix ships from hong kong IIRC. I had super low patience and was super nervous but ordered 11/28 delivered around 12/3-12/4. Theres a few unused wires (the clear connectors) that may give you trouble trying to get it to fit. Overall it's great and my only two gripes are that the side vents fit poorly and steering wheel controls don't work.

Phoenix ships from hong kong IIRC. I had super low patience and was super nervous but ordered 11/28 delivered around 12/3-12/4. Theres a few unused wires (the clear connectors) that may give you trouble trying to get it to fit. Overall it's great and my only two gripes are that the side vents fit poorly and steering wheel controls don't work.
I had multiple unused connectors but fit was good. Also steering wheel controls worked right off the bat. Issue I had was 2003 had to jump wires and solder even though I bought the top of the line model that was supposed to be plug and play. Luckily someone had already covered it on here.

This is a hit or miss seems like, some get it to work without issues, others have troubles. I really only want it for Apple Carplay, and HVAC to work, i don't care for steering wheel control or anything.

This is a hit or miss seems like, some get it to work without issues, others have troubles. I really only want it for Apple Carplay, and HVAC to work, i don't care for steering wheel control or anything.
phoenix units for the LX seem to be really solid in terms of reliability. Carplay may have to work wired for set up and then it should work wireless. HVAC works flawless

phoenix units for the LX seem to be really solid in terms of reliability. Carplay may have to work wired for set up and then it should work wireless. HVAC works flawless

Good enough for me, i prefer wired carplay anyways, it'll somewhat charge the phone too while at it right? I find wireless carplay too twitchy and cut in and out sometimes on my other systems.

Good enough for me, i prefer wired carplay anyways, it'll somewhat charge the phone too while at it right? I find wireless carplay too twitchy and cut in and out sometimes on my other systems.

Wired CarPlay will charge the phone. So far on my Px6 unit, wireless CarPlay is flawless though. Never had any problems.

Okay i'll order now and take my chances, thanks guys. I love this truck, just want to make it more modern, really wish it had radar cruise control as i do road trips a lot.

Okay i'll order now and take my chances, thanks guys. I love this truck, just want to make it more modern, really wish it had radar cruise control as i do road trips a lot.
Please keep us up to date on how your experience goes. Start to finish please. I've been on the fence for a while now.

Only big issue with them is the backup camera looses function. Toyota uses a 6V camera that doesn't communicate with the 12V input on the phoenix unit. I havent approached fixing this issue yet

Only big issue with them is the backup camera looses function. Toyota uses a 6V camera that doesn't communicate with the 12V input on the phoenix unit. I havent approached fixing this issue yet
You can use the stock 6v camera. Instructions are earlier in this thread. I removed the four bolts holding the passenger seat down and tilted the seat back to access the tv ecu, tapped wires to an rca cable there and ran the cable underneath cup holders and up to the back of the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom