lc 100 whats it worth ... might be saying good bye to my project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i think i might need to sell my 2001 lc100

i will post pics of all extras and the ride tomorrow. This is the landcruiser you will see in all my post of the last 6 months.. i am going to start a list of what is done to it and i guess i would appreciate comments on what its worth and who might want it

2001 Toyota Land cruiser lc 100
203k miles
2.5 inch old man emu lift medium stiffness
modified so flo bumper with improved rhino line treatment and rear tire carrier
i have 5 painted wheels with 5 Cooper stt pros that have 5k miles on them
comes with a spare set of 4 stock wheels also and stock 3rd row seats
slee second battery trey with 2 brand new deep cycle batteries ($1000 worth or battery treys and batteries) ARB on board air compressor completely wire in with great clean setup
mid grade roof rack with ARB awning attached
1 flexible solar 50 w panel 1 100 w panel both wired into second battery with victron controller with Bluetooth monitor
1500 watt inverter wired into rear with a complete fuse box for all rear accessories
piada front lights on a separate switch
Led high beams and Hid low beams
Tmaxx second battery controller
i have upgraded things like ipad and iphone mounts and replaced cig charger with usb chargers
cb radio is wired in and sets inside the center console
i am probably forgetting some things but tomorrow when i post pics i will hopefully remember
i built a "platorm" in the rear to sleep on if need and for storage .. i also installed a dometic fridge which is setup to run off the vehicle and the second battery
orange box fabrication side window storage racks also
i probably have $20,000 in this project but i am not going to be able to finish it so i hope it goes to a good home

31206127_968541253314986_7092919123889356800_n.jpg

Looks like a nice build!

I'll be completely honest ( I'm not trying to bash), you are very likely not to get out of it what you have already put in to it unless you picked it up for cheap cheap cheap and you were able to mod it for cheap. I'm not real familiar with the LC pricing in your area, but I've seen prices range from ~$10k upwards of $25K between LC's I've looked at in Texas, Colorado, and Washington.

I hope someone else will chime in that might be able to give you a better answer to your question.

Additional photos will always help.

I'd post it for 15k and see what sort of interest you get. If you have some rational posted along with your ad, you may be able to find the right buyer with the right interests to appreciate where your build is. I think a set of bumpers and some armor would make it sell pretty quick...

At the end of the day, age and mileage and rust is what's going to determine the price. You might've put a lot into maintenance and subtle modifications but it'll be tough to get that back.

To the right buyer, someone like us on the board, i say it's worth 12-14K.

To the rest of the public, to them it's worth maybe 7K based on the numbers.

I dont see 20k in that vehicle. You are including the purchase price I assume? Did you pay other people to do your maintenance and you are including that?

Not bashing, just wondering.

OK to ask for value here. Not the place to advertise for sale.

Problem is the miles and a very narrow target audience. Selling a vehicle like this takes patience. I would bet 12k tops.

I generally figure any mods will increase value by 50% of the initial cost of the mod without labor to an enthusiast. What about mechanicals? No mention of all that really important stuff that makes a higher price justified.

Looks like a nice setup. To kind of echo others, it stinks but you likely won't get what you have in it. I'd say a stock truck like that, in good shape with maintenance done would bring around $8k here. Tires, wheels, suspension you don't really get much back on, because it's standard equipment a car needs to operate. If it were mine. I'd clean it up really nice, list it for $15k.... try to sell buyers on the mods, that LC's have a very long service life, and it's probably a $250-300 payment if someone can get a long loan on it. (And I'd rather have a truck like that for $15k over a $50k 4runner)

If you want a truck like this then keep this one for sure, a lot of value gets lost selling after mods.
You have a nice truck and some nice parts there but the mods that will bump the sale price as mentioned are bumpers, sliders, and lockers.
12k seem about right as is to me... so keep it.

If you want a truck like this then keep this one for sure, a lot of value gets lost selling after mods.
You have a nice truck and some nice parts there but the mods that will bump the sale price as mentioned are bumpers, sliders, and lockers.
12k seem about right as is to me... so keep it.
For what it's worth to you, I just sold my 99 for 8 grand.. It had 250000 miles on it and was completely stock ..It was in great mechanical condition but needed a new set of rubber..You have to find someone who knows these trucks..You can throw the book value out the door if you are selling but use it as a negotiation tool if you are buying..;)

For what it's worth to you, I just sold my 99 for 8 grand.. It had 250000 miles on it and was completely stock ..It was in great mechanical condition but needed a new set of rubber..You have to find someone who knows these trucks..You can throw the book value out the door if you are selling but use it as a negotiation tool if you are buying..;)

You aren't wrong. As a buyer, you can get into a headache with these really quick, or get a nice value if vehicle has been well cared for.

most people dont know to pay extra for all the time and money you have put into this. the general public looks at your "mall crawler" (not saying it is at all!) and wonders why you would ever do all those modification to it. And actually wants to offer less than kelly blue book assuming you've bashed it off road :(. you might want to stick to known off-road forums that value what you've done. If it where me i would do everything i could do to keep it. 10-12k based on mileage, age, and assuming excellent maintenance and condition. this is a really nice rig, i know its worth way more than that, you should just keep it!:cry:

I sold my 01 LC with bfg rubber and 200k miles for 8k. Mine had a bit of underside rust. Yours looks cleaner. My guess is 10k.

Post it in as many overland associated places and you might get between 12-15k but they seem to like to see the outward appearance stuff as much as anything. Bumpers, lights, racks, ladders to nowhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom