Laptop/Tablet/GPS mounts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a little too much windshield obscuring for my taste.

when "overlanding" or more challenging offroading, I need all the site lines i can get.

Thus the change to the change holder mount.

I looked at the bencc mount, and its a cool piece of kit, but I don't know that it would hold a tablet very well once I am on trail. That's a real challenge.

In looking at the No-drill Ram kits on Amazon, I may try a Manfrotto Magic Arm and a DIY bracket to the seat bolt. I have a couple of those sitting on a shelf (photography is a serious hobby). They hold my DSLR's with no issue, so strength shouldn't be an issue. Thanks!
I am using the Owl Media mount and then RAM parts with an iPad mini and no issues on the trail…even on multi day trips….no movement and solid

awaiting details ☮️

I think it's intended to be installed differently, I'll share more details / get more pics when I'm at my computer. The seat bolt is hidden back there but that's what it's mounted too....But this has held up for many years. When not in use , you can unscrew the knob by hand and remove the pole. It fits in the side door pocket and comes out for the bumpy roads .

Seat can still go fully back but can't go fully forward, I have the SS1 sleeper with mattress and it still has plenty of space

20231231_154129.jpg

I am working through the same issues for my '06....I just stumbled across another Ohana option: Link

It conceptually is interesting, but a bit massive for my tastes....but I am still pondering.
I was looking at this to replace my Panavise mount that has too much bounce for my iPad mini. But like you… it’s massive and doesn’t fit the old man lux vibe of my LX so I have paused. It’s intriguing, though, as I could mount both my iPad and iPhone (with wireless charging) and not deal with bounce.

I was looking at this to replace my Panavise mount that has too much bounce for my iPad mini. But like you… it’s massive and doesn’t fit the old man lux vibe of my LX so I have paused. It’s intriguing, though, as I could mount both my iPad and iPhone (with wireless charging) and not deal with bounce.
I have purchased a set of Molle panels from Victory 4x4 that mount on the sides of the center console and are much lower profile.....I intend to try and fab up a center "bridge" piece to install across the same general area (in front of the ash tray-ish). I'd like to get at least the faceplate to my Wouxon GMRS radio mounted there, and then perhaps come from the passenger side for an Ipad mini mount......the bridge component is in my head currently and soon to move into cardboard aided design phase.

If I can't come up with something that will work and look good, I think I'll try this from Ohana and think about color matching it to the console, grey in my case, to make it blend in better to reduce it's visual "impact".

Last edited:
Installed the ohana stealth panel last week, minus the center adhesive bracket, tested on some fairly rugged trails and washboard Saturday with no noticeable wiggles or squeaks- seems pretty solid.

Still working on my ideal device layout- also have owl expedition media mount (with iPhone mount beanstalk).

iPad mini will probably trade places with OE media/iphone mount when the new model comes out later this year.
IMG_5919.jpeg

IMG_5917.jpeg

do you have pics of the "change holder mount" with p/n's?

Here's a photo. I used the Make 6 V6 Change Pocket RAM Ball Base Mount and then added a couple extensions and attached the tablet with a tab-tite holder.

It's been really solid off-road - no complaints about movement, etc. I just set the HVAC controls to auto, so no need to adjust. Plus, I have a small remote for the head unit so don't have to use the touch screen or buttons.

Going to switch over to an iPad since the fam has gone Apple the last couple years.

land-cruiser-center-console-tablet-and-ham-radio-jpg.2182149

Installed the ohana stealth panel last week, minus the center adhesive bracket, tested on some fairly rugged trails and washboard Saturday with no noticeable wiggles or squeaks- seems pretty solid.

Still working on my ideal device layout- also have owl expedition media mount (with iPhone mount beanstalk).

iPad mini will probably trade places with OE media/iphone mount when the new model comes out later this year.
View attachment 3522331
fView attachment 3522334
my only problem with this mount....I still use the cassette player to entertain me...can you say Old Folks Boogie :bang:

my only problem with this mount....I still use the cassette player to entertain me...can you say Old Folks Boogie :bang:
I hear ya! The tape snapped on my last functional Grateful Dead bootleg cassette a few years ago so I’ve been tape-free since.

I still have a nice collection of mini-disc….

Keep us posted what you end up going with @cbbr. @Mike NXP mount looks solid.

I like to keep that center console free and clear as well.. Same goes for the dashboard but I guess it just depends on the use case..... That little cage thing is cool, definitely a solid option if it allows for ram mounts..... My biased opinion is still for the floor mount . Can position it all the way over into the passenger seat, or tilted a bit and angled nicely for the driver when needed. I have another ball mount in my trunk side panels so when it's bed time I can just swap the tablet over and hang out in the back.

OK, I studied this and another youtube vid on if this will work on later 100s.

Take a look at time stamp 8:10 on . this is the ohana install. note the location of the upper wing fastener location (inboard and below the rectangular holes either side of the cd slot).

Take a look at time stamp 18:19 on . this is for the newer 100's. again, keying off of the rectangular holes at the top of the screen, the screen obscures the upper wing fasteners needed for the ohana mount.

Conclusion: Ohana dash mount will NOT WORK for the newer 100's :bang:

Hoping someone can prove me wrong.

We need something similar to Ohana that will work for our newer rigs.

That's not my story, and I'm not sticking to it.

Reviving this.

The Ohana mount for older Land Cruisers will not work on the newer 100 series with a NAV (it did not work on my 2004). I have been asking Ohana to make an 03+ version for about a year and a half, and he hasn't gotten to it yet. I wouldn't plan on it happening any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom