Landcruiser 4.7 2000 VX 100 series. No Start but cranks well. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all and thanks for the post, i am a new owner of my 2000 RHD Amazon VX 4.7 Limited, i was driving the other day and was vert sweet , no problems at all, then it just died and will not restart.

I have checked fuel flow and looks good, have checked all fuses and all good, the main things that i have noticed is my ODB2 reader says it cant communicate with the computer, i tried another reader and got the same but the check engine management light comes on. Battery is good and cranks fast.

Since then i have read some more and found the piece of wire short out on ODB connector and get the code 28 which i guess is an O2 no 2 Sensor? Would that cause a no start issue? It also has a hole in mid section of the exhaust , would this cause the problem?

Any advice please?

How was it determined that you have good fuel flow?

Exhaust leak is not an issue. I guess you were able to communicate with ECU after fixing the ODB port.

Have you check the ignition spark?
Any other codes?

Clean all ground wires mounted to the body

OK i have removed earths cleaned and replaced , There is power to coil packs but no spark.
I managed to get the code 28 from shorting pins in ODB2 connector so obviously the ecu is at least reporting that information. I dont know if it reports all codes or whether i have to do something, i see that mini VCI works ok with this model with Techstream , i used Delphi but could not communicate with ECU, maybe my VCI (big one) might work with Techstream, happy to try if i can get a copy of it to try, cant find a clean download location.
As i dont have a pressure gauge to test pressure i just cranked with pipe off the fuel filter outlet. There was plenty of fuel .
I have also have to mention i have a LPG kit which does not work and is had its power disconnected. It has always started easily and it ran very well indeed before it died.

I have tried to find out how the LPG switch fuel but seems pointless as no spark.

I really appreciate your time and effort to help.

This sounds a lot like the fuse box issue that @medtro has designed a bypass for. I have personally had the same issue , crank, no start 1998 LX 470.

There is an easy way to determine if this is the issue or not. I would contact @medtro. He can tell you want to do to determine if this is the fix or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom