Estimated Longevity for High Mileage, but Well-Maintained 4.7? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For my money, cooling system (at 200k/18 years, this means all hoses, clamps, tees, radiator, and t-stat, ideally all OEM) would be my #1 priority for baselining, then changing all other fluids and checking spark plugs. Swapping in fresh suspension bushings will go a long way to making the vehicle feel refreshed and "tight," and the AHC master thread is worth checking out to dial in what is certainly the most refined suspension available for these trucks. Also, the brake booster/ABS pump, in particular, seems to benefit from keeping the fluid fresh. (Links are all to appropriate Mud threads.)

Last edited:
Post some pics when it arrives, congrats on the new ride. :cheers:
Well, good news! The Mrs.' approved the sale! I'm hoping to pick it up Wednesday! Thanks to everyone who posted here, can't wait to be more involved with this community!
I have a 2003 T4R with 4.7L it's currently pushing 328k miles and it's just as strong when i got it from our friend at 235k miles. Just do what others suggest and you should be golden.

Morning! Mt first order of business is to conduct fluid swaps for EVERYTHING. Second order of business is to throw my Rock Warriors on the LX, can anybody provide feedback on these spacers from Slee?

Morning! Mt first order of business is to conduct fluid swaps for EVERYTHING. Second order of business is to throw my Rock Warriors on the LX, can anybody provide feedback on these spacers from Slee?

Those will fit great with the rock warriors.

I have them on my 1998 running 200-series wheels. Incredible quality! Both Slee and Spidertrax (the company that makes the spacers) are good Colorado companies. Really great part.

Well, she's mine! Made it home later than expected so I'll grab some more pictures when the suns out.

IMG_2693.jpg

In Car Care Nut's video below, he listed the UZ series (including the 2UZ-FE 4.7L) as the Best Toyota engines ever made. But the 3UR-FE (5.7L) was only in the honorable mentions due to its issues he frequently works on. It sounds like he only thinks the 4.7L as the million-mile engine, not the 5.7L... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom