Land Cruiser Pricing Announced (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the fact that the hybrid isnt knocking the mpg out of the park
23 combined is quite a bit better than 17 combined.

Assume you drive 15,000 miles per year at $3.50 per gallon. That’s 882 gal for the GX or $3,088 per year. For the 250 that’s 652 gallons or 2,283 per year. The difference is $806 per year or $8,000 over ten years.

Whether that is important is a personal decision. I think I will have to drive them to decide. I’m driving a lot less lately since we’ve gone to a hybrid schedule and I will be retiring in a couple years. So maybe the fuel economy will be less important for me.

23 combined is quite a bit better than 17 combined.

Assume you drive 15,000 miles per year at $3.50 per gallon. That’s 882 gal for the GX or $3,088 per year. For the 250 that’s 652 gallons or 2,283 per year. The difference is $806 per year or $8,000 over ten years.

You're definitely right.. I guess I was still holding out hope for the originally quoted 27mpg or maybe even better.

I certainly don't have a crystal ball.

The old LC vs Tacoma was for pretty different classes of vehicle. Now they are pretty close to the same thing with different form factors. The SUV always costs a bit more. 4Runner has always been a little more $ than a Tacoma. But the 4Runner has also generally had a more feature rich vehicle with nicer interior at the same trim name. A limited 4Runner is a lot nicer than a limited Tacoma for example. Not sure how to compare a true apples to apples, but a Tacoma TRD OR crew cab is $44,395. With the SDM it's $45,600. Current 4R TRD OR is $45,950. With KDSS it's $46,700. They're within spitting distance. I'd guess next gen 4R gets about a $2500 bump. So the TRD OR with SDM would end up about $48-49k(?)

Unless the 4R gets smaller or somehow is otherwise handicapped, I'm not sure how it doesn't' end up offering a more product for less money. Especially if they end up on the same shared rolling chassis which is very possible.

TRDOR 4th gen Tacomas are pushing $54k, and dealerships have a mile long waiting list of people willing to pay that, and thats not even the hybrid model.

I don't really understand what Toyota is doing with the J250 platform. It seems like there is A LOT of overlap. After pricing this new Land Cruiser (PRADO) out, I can't see the price asked vs going to the GX550 for not much more money. Or a Tacoma, and then you get a bed.

Further, I am not clear how Toyota is going to differentiate the 6th gen 4Runner from the Land Cruiser (PRADO) for that platform to make sense. Perhaps no hybrid and part time 4wd? I know MANY people would prefer that to the hybrid, and with as many people it seems are removing the Full time 4wd system from 80, 100 and 200 series Land Cruisers. But I think that

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 12.47.24 PM.png

TRDOR 4th gen Tacomas are pushing $54k, and dealerships have a mile long waiting list of people willing to pay that, and thats not even the hybrid model.

I don't really understand what Toyota is doing with the J250 platform. It seems like there is A LOT of overlap. After pricing this new Land Cruiser (PRADO) out, I can't see the price asked vs going to the GX550 for not much more money. Or a Tacoma, and then you get a bed.

Further, I am not clear how Toyota is going to differentiate the 6th gen 4Runner from the Land Cruiser (PRADO) for that platform to make sense. Perhaps no hybrid and part time 4wd? I know MANY people would prefer that to the hybrid, and with as many people it seems are removing the Full time 4wd system from 80, 100 and 200 series Land Cruisers. But I think that

View attachment 3563333
It's hard to make a direct comparison when they don't have uniform feature sets. The Taco at $54k has a lot of options that the base LC wouldn't - big screens and such, but it also lacks the hybrid and awd. IIRC the hybrid tacomas are the only ones that will have the awd option and there's no pricing yet for those. I don't think there is any way to configure a Tacoma with a hybrid, awd, and rear locker and also have cloth seats and the base interior. Just looking at off-road capability - the base TRD OR tacoma with SDM should be off-road capability wise and interior the equivalent of the LC250.

I also don't know where the 4Runner fits here. The base SR5 4Runner should be easily differentiated at $40k-ish with probably ATRAC only and simple interior. Probably still offered with 3 rows. That's the high volume model is my guess. But where does the Trailhunter 4Runner fit - that would presumably be all the same stuff as the LC250 plus a bunch more. I don't think that Toyota will use the LC to replace the high trim 4Runners - if they were going to we would have already seen a TRD Pro and Trailhunter trim LC. Since there are no specialty trims that are more off-road centric, I think it's a pretty safe bet that the 4Runner will keep those higher level trims in a situation where the 4Runner range covers both lower and higher spec ranges than the LC250.

The 5th Gen 4Runner is all part-time 4WD except for the Limited trim. It would not surprise me if the 6th gen 4Runner fulltime 4WD on the Limited trim.

I’ve built a mid-tier LC the way I’d want it and am at just about $70K. That’s a chunk of coin for sure and doesn’t factor in what the dealer is going to add-on, or the aftermarket wheels and AT tires that are a must.

I like the wheels on the GX550 Overtrail but that’s where it ends for me. I really dislike the nose on the Lexus.

Fuchhhhhhh... Thank y'all for all the info. My head hurts. At $70k or so, we are basically at 200's original numbers (before they racked up the price ) ... So, I honestly don't know what to do LC250 vs GX550 anymore 😂🤦🏿‍♀️

Edit: And then one starts considering an used 1 to 3 years old LC300, errr, Lexus, and it gets even more interesting....

Fuchhhhhhh... Thank y'all for all the info. My head hurts. At $70k or so, we are basically at 200's original numbers (before they racked up the price ) ... So, I honestly don't know what to do LC250 vs GX550 anymore 😂🤦🏿‍♀️

Edit: And then one starts considering an used 1 to 3 years old LC300, errr, Lexus, and it gets even more interesting....

The new 4Runner will soon be here to explode your head some more.

If they sold the LC 300 here it would be over $90k. So, no, we are not basically at the 200's numbers. It's inflation.

If they sold the LC 300 here it would be over $90k. So, no, we are not basically at the 200's numbers. It's inflation.
I meant, back in the 2017's or so, a 200 was about $80k and change. So, at $70k ish, it is pretty close... 🤔

For $70K I'd rather spend $50K on a 200 series and $20K in mods. That vehicle would be significantly better on the dollars-to-fun index.

For $70K I'd rather spend $50K on a 200 series and $20K in mods. That vehicle would be significantly better on the dollars-to-fun index.
This is the way. I am very much leaning towards a 200 series or even an lx570. These prices are getting ridiculous. I'm number 5 on the list at my local Lexus dealer for a GX and they have been mum on price.

This is the way. I am very much leaning towards a 200 series or even an lx570. These prices are getting ridiculous. I'm number 5 on the list at my local Lexus dealer for a GX and they have been mum on price.
$20k in parts will some, if not all of, get you a lift, wheels, tires, real skids, real sliders, and two lockers! The 250 just has a rear locker.

It's even more attractive when you run the numbers with a used 460 in the $30-40k range.

Yeah. Been waiting for this, but with i4T + hybrid, odd placement, no 7 seater and the pricing (par for the course, inline with everything else high priced), I'll just keep an eye out for the right (for me) 100 or 200 series. There's no getting around hybrid tech. Love it or hate, I'm the latter, too much to go wrong. Yes, yes, it's a Toyota, but this tech comes with more maintenance and replacement batteries, more than likely, at 100k mi. whereas that's not an issue on the 200s and prior.

I meant, back in the 2017's or so, a 200 was about $80k and change. So, at $70k ish, it is pretty close... 🤔
$70k in 2017 is $89k in 2024 dollars. It’s simply inflation. Add in additional cost for better fuel economy and more driver aids, and here we are.

I’ve got a 200. I’ll likely be trading it in for either a GX or 250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom