Kzj78 cold temperature (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

So I live in Florida and my temperature gauge always warms up in what I believe to be a normal range. I’m traveling up in the northern states atm where the temperatures are around 32f (0c) to 40f (4c). And my temperature gauge will barely rise driving around town unless I hop on the highway and cruise around 78mph (125kph) but then soon as I park and let the vehicle idle even with the idle up switch activated the gauge slowly goes down to rest right around the C. I was wondering if this is normal or maybe i have a thermostat that is stuck slightly open?

Thank you,

Christian.

I'm guessing the thermostat. I have a 2LT and even on cold mornings in CT, after about 1.5 to 2 miles of 35 mph driving, I have heat and the temp gauge is above "C".

Maybe it is stuck open or the previous owner installed a low temp thermostat.

I'm guessing the thermostat. I have a 2LT and even on cold mornings in CT, after about 1.5 to 2 miles of 35 mph driving, I have heat and the temp gauge is above "C".

Maybe it is stuck open or the previous owner installed a low temp thermostat.
One thing I didn’t mention is that the rpm gauge doesnt work for a couple minutes on these cold mornings. Someone mentioned to me that the capacitors probably need to be resoldered on the cluster. So now I’m thinking it could be that the thermostat isn’t closing all the way but could also just be when it’s cold the capacitors arent working properly.

Pretty common for a diesel to cool down when it's not working. I can see 30 degrees of temperature change between easy coasting vs actually driving on a digital gauge. If really pushing hard more like 40 degrees.
You could experiment with blocking some of the air flow through the rad.
Many diesels have adjustable louvers but cardboard will do in a pinch.

Hey guys,

So I live in Florida and my temperature gauge always warms up in what I believe to be a normal range. I’m traveling up in the northern states atm where the temperatures are around 32f (0c) to 40f (4c). And my temperature gauge will barely rise driving around town unless I hop on the highway and cruise around 78mph (125kph) but then soon as I park and let the vehicle idle even with the idle up switch activated the gauge slowly goes down to rest right around the C. I was wondering if this is normal or maybe i have a thermostat that is stuck slightly open?

Thank you,

Christian.
happen to mine too, it is the rpm gauge which is old . happen on my car as well.

Update for any interested, thermostat was stuck open. Vehicle heats up nice and quick with the new one Also the gauges do need to be resodered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom