Builds 'KRIKEY' (stevesnj) Build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
IMG_0525.jpg
Nov 28 2013

Completed the TJM swap with a much needed steering stabilizer. Made a difference in steering effort, feel, no more wheel vibrations. Too clean looking so have to paint the front link and axle..ya think? lol
-

-

Last edited:
Always like the signal integrated into the mirror so i did it. Not easy but good results. Also put in heated motorcycle grip material and going to hook it to the rear defroster circuit.

Always like the signal integrated into the mirror so i did it. Not easy but good results. Also put in heated motorcycle grip material and going to hook it to the rear defroster circuit. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgdDbuyfZFE">YouTube Link</a>

That looks good, do you have any details on how to do it?

That looks good, do you have any details on how to do it?

Yeh I may make a thread on it. Takes a while to do. Just tested the heating element and it went well.

Last edited:
IMG_0535.jpg
Nov 29

Installed a DieHard Platinum Group 65 for $172 on sale and a coupon I found and picked it up next day. Terminals are reversed and had enough cable to swap sides so it came out nice. Will be nice with a new high amp alternator setup and they didn't charge me a core charge so I am going to use the old battery for my 2nd batt setup.

-

-

Last edited:
Love those clamps, same type i use (except mine are brass/bronze?) on installs. Very beefy and the best start to any electrical upgrades.

Love those clamps, same type i use (except mine are brass/bronze?) on installs. Very beefy and the best start to any electrical upgrades.

Yeh, with the dual setup I'm going to go with military cable clamps. Should work out well.

Dec 15

Finally finished the integrated LEDs and heating elements in the mirror. Hope they last for a while cause I don't want to do that again. Once the amber rear bulbs are replaced it'll be pretty cool.
`
`

IMG_0683.jpg
IMG_2971.jpg
Did my own fab of the sway bar front disconnects. Luckily my school has a welding shop and metal to spare :p Also put on sway bar drops on.

Last edited:
Needed an extension to my drawer system so i can sleep in the truck. Instead of building an extension I used the rear seat back for the extension, only problem is when the seat is folded flat the bottom back of the seat is angled down so to even it out with my drawer top I used a door prop from Home Depot. $15 and self tapping screws. Quick and easy. Took longer to figure it out than installing it.

Photo 07-05-2014-15.48.18.jpg
Photo 07-05-2014-15.49.02.jpg
Photo 07-05-2014-15.49.16.jpg
Photo 07-05-2014-15.49.30.jpg
Photo 07-05-2014-15.49.51.jpg

Damn what a great idea. I have two little blocks of wood in my drawers to accomplish the same thing, but that is such a nifty idea I may have to do it myself. Thanks for posting.

Damn what a great idea. I have two little blocks of wood in my drawers to accomplish the same thing, but that is such a nifty idea I may have to do it myself. Thanks for posting.

No problem, if you get it make sure it's the beefiest one made from Aluminum, also get a 4 pack of 1" self tapping screws.

Relocated the charcoal canister to make room in its place for a power block. Put on all new hoses and used compressed air to clear out and sticky valve in the top. Now the gas cap doesn't hiss when i take it off. Hmmm Hope it was killing 2 birds with one stone.

IMG_1116.jpg

Been wanting to mount my spare to the top of my drawer system and I used an old hub and had work weld nuts to the bottom of it and mounted it to the underside of the deck. So now if I remove the tire I still have the whole deck if I need space to carry something.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom