Builds 'KRIKEY' (stevesnj) Build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
89 Toyota Pickup 1.jpg
I love my LC. I have owned 2 other Toyota trucks before this one and each one was great! I have a friend with a 96 4runner and he created a build thread with history and I am doing the same. I will update when i can. Thoughts and comments appreciated so here we go...

This is a pic of my first Toyota Truck, a 1989 Toyota 'Pickup' Deluxe single cab 4x4 4cyl 22re Engine, 5 speed manual. I loved it from day one and miss it a lot. I am not a fan of red but the price was right for what I was getting. I immediately put wheels and tires on it.

Last edited:
truck1_small 2.jpg
truck2_small.jpg
After a few years i had a bad engine malfunction, turned out someone swapped out the engine for an earlier 22r engine without my knowledge and the result was parts failure like head gasket, timing chain and other internals. I had another engine put in it and not soon after I found my next truck and sold my 89 for a 1998 'Tacoma' V6, 4x4 5speed, SR5 Extended cab. In 2005 I was hit by a drunk driver on the passenger side and his car a station wagon hit my tube steps and launched the font end of his car int the bottom of the door. The rockers and door were toast and repaired by Toyota but the truck never drove properly after that. I was devastated as this was a fantastic truck and meticulously maintained and was the truck i learned to wheel in in the Pine Barrons of New Jersey.

Last edited:
Land Cruiser 02.jpg
Land Cruiser.jpg
Land Cruiser 02.jpg
Land Cruiser.jpg
Six years later I couldn't take it anymore! I went wheeling with my friend in his 4runner that was family owned since 96 and he promptly lifted it. After that ride 6 months later I bought my 1996 Land Cruiser. It was bought with the 2.5" OME lift, TJM bumpers front and rear and ARB roof rack. It has factory lockers and I knew i was gonna bring this back to shape as it was ver rough around the edges at 243,000 miles. But I was ready for the challenge!!

These are the pics i took of it after I got it home.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ae-9knMCQAArSvr.jpg
Photo-23.jpg
November 2011 I got my Goodyear Duratrac's. 285/70-16

Last edited:
Photo-36.jpg
Photo-39.jpg
Photo-36.jpg
Photo-39.jpg
February 2012 I got my brakes and rotors front and rear with 100 series front pads from www.brakeperformance.com, rebuilt my calipers front and rear with toyota kit

Last edited:
IMG_2117.jpg
IMG_2148.jpg
August 2012 I extended my diff breathers front and rear and my trans breather.

Last edited:
IMG_2180.jpg
IMG_2181.jpg
September 2012 - Installed some Energy Suspension rear greasable swaybar mount and end link bushings.

Last edited:
IMG_2294.jpg
IMG_2314.jpg
October 2012 - My school was throwing away weight room rubber mats and so I picked up a few and made my own rear one piece mat.

Last edited:
IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2312.jpg
IMG_2315.jpg
October 2012 - Serious rust above the windshield causing leaking. Luckily no holes so I was able to repair and paint it and put in more windshield sealant and all is good now.

Last edited:
IMG_1130.jpg
IMG_1174.jpg
IMG_1192.jpg
December 2012 - With help from my expert welder friend I had my 4xInnovation weld together sliders put on. They were welded primed and painted in 2 days.

Last edited:
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
January 2013 - Chopped my double high ARB roof rack to a flat rack and mounted my HighLift jack up at the back which is easy to get to by standing on the tailgate. Also found a WWII era trenching shovel and mounted it to the rear passenger inside pillar.

Last edited:
IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_0155.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg
MArch 2013 - Herculined the roof and slider tops

Last edited:
IMG_0161.jpg
My neighbors dog and trusty work partner, he barks until I say hello, then back to work :)

Last edited:
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0174.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg
April 2013 - Took 5 days but i finally refinished my wheels. Stripped the clear, primed, painted, re-clear coated, painted the hubs and lug nuts too. WHEW!!!

Last edited:
IMG_0048.jpg
April 2013 - Installed LED turn signal lights into the TJM bullbar housings, not easy but looks great!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom