Builds 'KRIKEY' (stevesnj) Build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used herculiner around the drawers instead of polyurethane wood to make and grease or grime less noticeable. Good contrast with the stainless steel drawer fronts. :]
image.jpg

Last edited:
Made an extension to the drivers side of the rear deck to gain more space for a sleeping area. Worked great with a sleeping pad and sleeping bag. Slept great at the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2015. Don't need to buy a tent!!! Woo hoo!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got a deal at autozone. 10 globe LEDs for $15. Put 3 for the license plate and put 4 in the door lights.
image.jpg

Bent the drag link on my last wheeling trip so I got the 1 ton TRE and dom tubing from ruffstuff. I think it shouldn't bend anymore :]

image.jpg

Last edited:
Great time camping and wheeling at the CMCC 2014! KRIKEY got trough some rough spots I never thought he'd be able too. Also had a nice dinner and won an LED lightbar from Toytec! Thanks Toytec !

IMG_1159.JPG

Last edited:
Very easy install. Just mounted it today and gonna wire it to one of the Toyota OEM fog switches when I have a full day.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeh this thing is killer bright...wow!! The sunroof sunshield was open and it lit the inside up too. :smokin:

IMG_1167.JPG

did you essentially just use tool chest type drawers on your rear box? do you have any rattling issues?

Yeh a Lowes Kobalt tool chest, it was made poor and fell apart but the drawers held up. I took off the old sliders and put on self closing slides and they keep the drawers shut. As far as the rattles I have none, I used foam cutout materials for the most used tools and tool roll ups for other tools.

Installed Ruffstuff 1 ton tie rod ends welded to some thicker than stock DOM tubing, the DOM they sent in the kit would of hit the bottom of the pinion output oil shield. So I had to get a thinner wall DOM. Now to try and figure out how to center my steering wheel...ugghh

Had to drill out the knuckle to fit these monster TRE's, 7/8" drill but and that was it.

IMG_1169.JPG

The tapered insert

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

These inserts fit perfect and the bottom went flush. Great job these guys did making these inserts

IMG_1175.JPG

The monster TRE

IMG_1174.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_1176.JPG
The thinner DOM tubing, closer than it looks, the original DOM wouldn't of cleared

Coming together nicely Steve. Subscribed.

Where in NJ are you?

Last edited:
Been a few months but got a bit done. Just been taking a long time to install stuff and still need to finish some things.

Originally when I installed my drawer system I integrated a space at the end for subs. They were old home theater system subs but they worked great! then taking one of the subs out I stabbed the foam surround and that was it. So due to the limited space I got 2 Rockford Fosgate 8" DVC 4ohm subs model P2D4-8. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p2d4-8 They work great!! I adjusted the amp with a multimeter and it is amazing how well it sounds when adjusting it proper. I can turn it up to max and no clipping or distortion. Anyway, they were so close to gether and I had no room to move them further apart, but I contacted RF and they said the magnets being so close doesn't matter. But the grill rings were gonna hit each other and I dont have a welder so i cut and shaped and SteeSticked it and epoxy. Once I paint it it won't look great but still an original look..lol
I was going to put vents in the corners but I hit the frame of the drawer system, so I am gonna cover them with a small tweeter grill to finish it off and it will vent a little. I have two vents on the sides of the subs. $120 for both at vminnivations.com

IMG_0046.jpg

So I started all this because my stock radio made a noise and then it just died. So I bought a Kenwood DX271. It has just what I need. Two camera inputs and preamp outs for he sub. Wiring is what took the longest, I removed the factory amp and used the bypass wires for everything else, speakers,power, etc. I soldered and heat shrank all the wires. Pre Wired all the cabling for the rear view camera, and i put a free cam I picked up, at the front right so i can see what I will be driving over. I also angled the right side of the HU because it was just too flat and had to lean a little to see some stuff. ll I did was use 2 3/4" tall nuts and longer screws and its now easy to see and angled and looks good angled. I was happy when my iPhone 6 worked with the HU.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

After a week of using it the front speakers just couldn't take it so I picked up a set of Infinity 6502ix Reference Series with adjadjustableeeter. So I can turn the tweeter away from the side of the dash towards the passenger and driver. Works amazingly well. Install was a breeze, and someone I know didn't want the DynaMat he had so I used that and there was just enough to do both front doors.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Some more pics

Door cars installed on Passenger side.

IMG_0045.jpg

Rear camera mounted under the license plate for when i use my dirt bike carrier i can still see when backing up with the view from under the dirt bike motor. Came out good.

IMG_0043.jpg

Front camera at the front right.

IMG_0047.JPG

I also installed the 50watt Amber/Yellow 1156 LED's. They are bright and with the side view and front LED signals I am complete in the signal department. Brake and Tail lights next. I got the lights here http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6245061035.html but Im sure you can find them elswhere. $27 with free shipping. Took 2 weeks to get. Have a vid I took during the day.

IMG_0048.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom