KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed first drawer, working on wing now but after fabing main anchor, I fabricated an anchor from remaining aluminum to the side 3rd row seat mount. Gives it more lateral stability.

20200507_172452.jpg

IMG-20200507-WA0008.jpeg

@cruzerDave or any 200 reef drawer owners - What parts would I have to order to convert a side by side drawer system with wings to a stacked system later on? Just thinking about a few years down the line. If 1 kid becomes 3 kids and I need my third row back, just wondering what all I will have to order at that time.

Basically go from this:

To this:

With with a seat instead of a fridge.

@cruzerDave or any 200 reef drawer owners - What parts would I have to order to convert a side by side drawer system with wings to a stacked system later on? Just thinking about a few years down the line. If 1 kid becomes 3 kids and I need my third row back, just wondering what all I will have to order at that time.

Basically go from this:

To this:

With with a seat instead of a fridge.

Why not got to the source and ask Cruiser Dave? He's always been responsive when I've sent him an email. My experience is that his products are well engineered and thought through.

From the website:

From the website:

Thanks, didn’t see that earlier today.

For those using the standard drawer face of the recessed face with a fire extinguisher, how do the drawers stay closed? Is there some sort of hold-down mechanism inside that I can't see in the photos, or do they just not slide without manual effort?

Also, anyone else ordered recently? I tried to place a single-drawer order (I wasn't 100% sure yet, but it's the only way to get the shipping cost) but the website says this can't be shipped to me. I PM'ed @cruzerDave but no response so far... guessing he's backed up from the holidays

1610464352950.png

There is a latch on the bottom backside of the drawer face and the inside of the cabinet carcase that helps it latch. It isn't like a lock or anything, just some additional resistance to opening.

A0E82FEF-19E7-4C8B-B56E-2AE2C7D852FB.jpeg

A864C257-0997-4288-8B85-68C441C53FE5.jpeg

I don't have any insight into the shipping issue. Dave has always been responsive in the past.

Last edited:
For those using the standard drawer face of the recessed face with a fire extinguisher, how do the drawers stay closed? Is there some sort of hold-down mechanism inside that I can't see in the photos, or do they just not slide without manual effort?

Also, anyone else ordered recently? I tried to place a single-drawer order (I wasn't 100% sure yet, but it's the only way to get the shipping cost) but the website says this can't be shipped to me. I PM'ed @cruzerDave but no response so far... guessing he's backed up from the holidays

View attachment 2551116
i had the same issue when trying to purchase today.

i had the same issue when trying to purchase today.
Thanks. Good to know I'm not alone. I hadn't seen a reply to my PM to @CruzrDave so I'm guessing they are backed up from the holidays and must have disabled purchasing. Hopefully he's doing ok. I'll order whenever it's available again... likely not going to install it until April anyway since my garage isn't heated and it's too cold here in Chicago to be working in it for any length of time.

Thanks. Good to know I'm not alone. I hadn't seen a reply to my PM to @CruzrDave so I'm guessing they are backed up from the holidays and must have disabled purchasing. Hopefully he's doing ok. I'll order whenever it's available again... likely not going to install it until April anyway since my garage isn't heated and it's too cold here in Chicago to be working in it for any length of time.
When I bought mine there was no stock. I signed up for the text message prompter, and when I got the text ordered immediately. Items stocked out around 2 hours later . . .

Hey guys, apologies but I've been slow crawling back out of my holiday shell. Well, that and this is just too much for one guy anymore and I lost my part-time help and am in process of training up a new one. While moving drawers for GX, Forerunner, Land Rovers etc into production. And more SharkNet models. Anyone want to buy in to a booming business to help it grow faster? ;)

I am revamping, yet again, the ordering process because of problems that just keep cropping up. I think I can finally get to stocking product with my new helper, and if not well we are looking at the old notify-me system (but I don't think it will be needed much). Existing pre-orders will be fulfilled in February, invoices going out soon.

Solid product at a great price is always in demand. And I am/have investors looking for new opportunities...especially in products I use.

Might be a dumb question, but are you guys removing any floormat in the cargo area before installing the drawers? I was thinking of ordering a heritage edition cargo mat, but wouldn't I need to cut holes in the mat to use the reef anchor kit? And I wasn't sure if there was even a need for the mat under the drawers in the first place.

Have a weather tech mat and cut holes to anchor drawers down. Mat can't be seen and not really necessary but I had it so I used it.

Did you anyone do anything with the drawer edge that slides on the HDPE? I got my drawers assembled and test fitted, now need to finish them. Wondering if I should just leave the edge as is or ???

Did you anyone do anything with the drawer edge that slides on the HDPE? I got my drawers assembled and test fitted, now need to finish them. Wondering if I should just leave the edge as is or ???
I would sand lightly and leave edge unfinished. (I finished mine and they would not freely slide, had to sand off liner/coating).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom