Key Fob Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 1992 FJ80 with all the electric goodies. Yet when I got the keys from the old owner it was just the one spare - the kind of spare you get from a key shack, not a factory key. I have contacted the local Toyota dealership for guidance and searched both here and the web for replacements.

so here we are...

Any guidance on getting the key fob replacement would be swell.

Thanks in advance.

do you know if its the factory alarm system or an aftermarket unit that was put in. ifs its aftermarket you may be better removing the old one and installing a new one

Any tips on where I can source an oem ‘97 lc key fob?

If it's still an RS3000 from 96 to 97 then I found mine on eBay a couple years ago. Between the new shell and the fob I think I was down 50$. Maybe. Super easy to program as well.

Your Toyota or Lexus dealership can cut a replacement key based on your vehicle's VIN. Door lock cylinder

The factory key is just a key. If you want a fob for your alarm (assuming your alarm is still functional) here is a link to put you on track to buy one. Missing an Factory Alarm key fob? Try this

Last edited:
Any tips on where I can source an oem ‘97 lc key fob?

Any Toyota dealer, provided the vehicle is equipped with a factory accessory alarm.

I got a two pack of remotes for my 97 from remotes.com that paired easily. 2 New Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob for Toyota RS3000, BAB237131-022 Black

The two pack was $50. The buttons are not as crisp as oem, but at that price I don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom