Builds Just bought my 1st BJ42... never restored anything before, this should be interesting. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've always found those small nuts to be pesky.

Bosch makes a nice pump that is a direct replacement. I've used it many times with no problems. Much more reliable.

part number 2447222126

Hi, I've read the entire post. I would say your experiences with rust and repairs is about normal for these trucks. Money will be leaving your wallet like leaves falling in Autumn. Drive one and totally break the other one down. Easier to work on it this way and faster, also leaves nothing to chance. Really the work is rewarding and fun if you let it be. Mike

Hi, I've read the entire post. I would say your experiences with rust and repairs is about normal for these trucks. Money will be leaving your wallet like leaves falling in Autumn. Drive one and totally break the other one down. Easier to work on it this way and faster, also leaves nothing to chance. Really the work is rewarding and fun if you let it be. Mike
lol... I can’t agree more. If im not working on it I’m thinking about it or researching it. It’s definitely addictive.

I had no idea I needed this until I just saw it! This is the most fun I’ve ever had!

B3CF8463-4D31-4A2C-BA7B-C16F7BE1EE68.jpeg

That might work well in a homemade paint booth to remove overspray...
Welcome to the addiction...
It’ll come in handy when I’m sandblasting with media and when I’m running my compressor inside with the garage door closed too.

Are you repairing all of that or are you replacing the tub?
Replacing the rust with clean steel. The fun is to keep as much of the old as possible and produce the panels from scratch.

I decided to pull the primer so I can replace it tomorrow... just three little nuts, right? Only problem is, they are practically inside the engine. It took like 30 mins to get the little buggers off!
Why you took it off? It would be easy just to change the pump.
Bosch makes a nice pump that is a direct replacement. I've used it many times with no problems. Much more reliable.

part number 2447222126
I just changed that few weeks ago.
D6F8D0CE-C97D-4E75-BC09-073BAB124670.jpeg

Why you took it off? It would be easy just to change the pump.

I just changed that few weeks ago.
View attachment 1880827
That’s a good question... ugh! I’ll be reinstalling the tiny little nightmares this evening when I get off work.
Just for the record, I looked it up in my 3b manual, it gave me instructions on rebuilding the primer pump. I figured that was how it was done.

That’s awesome! I believe I have your rig’s twin... my rust seems to be as bad as yours. It’s encouraging to see that patching this much is actually done.
Actualy mine rolled a few times down a hill.

You must be under pretty serious pressure to get that roof buttoned up before the rain comes back. I think it's suppose to stay for a while too. Like till August.

If im connecting the dots correctly its most likely the same person! It appears to just be a separate listing for the dash/ tub. I keep thinking about picking up that top but id really rather have bigger windows and ambi doors :coffee:

did you happen to catch if the seller was a mud member? he has Quite a few parts!

@Eric H

He does have some of the parts listed in the classifieds his mud name is jessefj40

I was trying to figure out how to buy the three rigs he is parting out a few weeks ago when the PO had a CL ad up for all it,since it was a great deal if you had the space.

looking at the rusty floor you have there reminds me how rusted my body mounts were ! You may want to check out the mounts under the drivers seat and passengers seat ! The metal running vertical from the body should be 1/8 if I remember correctly, anyone else chime in ! Inside the box is where a lot of mud and such gets stuck and just rusts and is where your body mount bolt is located.
Keep up the good work !
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom