Just Bought A FJ-40, Now What ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Totally stock is best. Don't wreck that nice truck with lift kits and monster tires and V-8s. You will regret it later.

Nice rig, If you want a trail rig, sell that one and buy one you can chop. As mentioned earlier, late model 40's in stock condition are becoming a bit harder to find. Good Luck and Welcome...

Step 1--stop putting Armor-All on the tires. Truck tires are dirty--deal with it. :flipoff2:

Step 2--drive it and decide what you want to change (if anything).

A stock 40 is FAR more capable off road than you probably think. If it were mine, I doubt I'd change much at all.

Step 3--join TLCA. It's far more than a sticker club. I haven't even put a sticker on any of my rigs.

Worry about vendors when you decide that you need to buy something. But I would, off the bat, recommend you buy the Factory Service Manual (FSM). You can get them from Specter easy enough. Not sure about the other vendors.

Dan

You've got a super nice rig there. I wouldn't do a thing except enjoy it. It is yours so do what you want with it.

thank you all

i will keep you all updated

oh and the rear has bumperettes with mesh diamond on top

and if i told you how much i paid for it you would try to put me in jail for stealing it

well here i go into the FAQ

thanks again
tylerp

thank you all

i will keep you all updated

oh and the rear has bumperettes with mesh diamond on top

and if i told you how much i paid for it you would try to put me in jail for stealing it

well here i go into the FAQ

thanks again
tylerp

very nice rig, it looks great.

and you cant just say something like that and then leave us hanging....how much....its OK:flipoff2:

tylerp

No one asked.....you let the horse out of the barn, cat out of the bag, now Dish! Everyone here loves the "great deal" stories...... Oh, and include how yo found it......

Nice Truck! Welcome to the forum.

I also would like ideas on repair manuals - i.e. which one is the best

The factory service manual is the best IMO, as long as you know basic mecahnics - it does not give step-by-step for every possible procedure.

is joining TLCA actually worth it ?

Well worth it just for the Toyota Trails magazine, but there are other benefits like discounts and sanctioned trail runs, etc.

As well as the FAQ section, also take a look at the Vendor section on the top of the main page. There are a lot of good vendors associated with Mud. Nice rig and welcome!

Just bought an FJ-40 1982 with an original F2 motor...

the body work is ok

nice liitle vehicle

now what parts suppliers should i use ? CC, OME, HFS i dunno what do yall think

I also would like ideas on repair manuals - i.e. which one is the best

looking at the pics, what do you all think is lacking ?

also any tips or tricks you know which would help me out with anything please post or link to them thanks.....

is joining TLCA actually worth it ? or is it just a sticker club ?

basically i am a young guy, just needing direction

thanks,
tylerp

Great looking rig !!

You have already found the #1 resource for 'Cruiser folks.... IH8MUD! There is no better resource for any price.

With such a nice rig on your hands you ask too many questions! :doh:
Get wheelin' ! :flipoff2:

Nah, just joking! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom