Just another barn thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today was my first burn of the year. Kind of windy to start the day but turned out very nice later on in the day. I’ll do another in March and a third in late April.

C3CD596B-FE75-450E-A61F-026C2D4C5E67.jpeg
7F4D70F4-03E7-49D2-9371-A7ADA473E93C.jpeg
C505055B-95CC-445C-8C2F-A53BDDB72A58.jpeg

Reactions: SAH
Wife heard gobbler last week than we spotted one at our gate the next day.

Cruised the pastures tonight looking at deer Turkey tracks. Love to hear gobblers sounding off in the morning!

I’d love to burn my wooded area. Now that I live here FT I’m going to see how I can pull it off. Been discing old 40 acre peanut patch to get some Bermuda going, it has been a battle.

Yea. This is an early burn for me. Working on improving a few areas for turkeys. Today was maybe 100 acres or so with the bulk coming in April.
I was just about to ask if you are a turkey hunter. Do you get Osceolas that far north in Florida?

This thing will be complete in 45-60 days - other than windows. Morton is wrapping up their final details. This is just completing the barn doors and some various trim work. Drywall guys started today in the arcade and gym. They should be finished next week. Plumbers are just waiting on me to pick out the bathroom sink. I’ve ordered a large stainless restaurant sink setup for my work room.

B32C61DB-5FA6-4BD1-ADFF-769B05E6283B.jpeg

FC28442B-57D0-4C2F-8A38-6F9BC8A73057.jpeg

I will allegedly have windows within 3 weeks. I was given an exact delivery date but I’m leaving open the possibility that they will be wrong. Don’t want to get too excited yet.

Morton is pretty much finished with the exception of the windows. They finished up my barn doors today. Still have some minor trim work to do on the other barn.

14006962-04C7-4DB8-BD9E-6377DEC87558.jpeg

Now it just gets stressful. My old house is sold and closes end of month. I was given until the end of April to get my stuff out of my old barn. That really would not big of a deal but I cannot move anything into the new barn until the floor is finished on or about April 13th.

The arcade is getting some paint this week. Followed by the ceiling install on March 24. The following week, I have electrical and AC guys out to get the barn as final as they can. The arcade carpet goes in April 3rd. Then I can move the machines from the old arcade.

This week is supposed to be landscaping type stuff - asphalt driveway and the porch. I am not really sure how long that is going to last but hopeful not too long.

I will definitely hit the move out date but there is still a lot to happen. I do not know how I am supposed to “work” while all this is going on.

Last edited:
In same boat here, house in Colorado under contract as of 5 days ago, close April 13th. I’ve got to go move everything else from there to Oklahoma when I already have 3 storage units and a shipping container. Didn’t want to inundate the shop with crap until lights and all were hung but I don’t see it happening by the 13th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom