July Meeting/ BBQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I e-mail

a list that isn't the "official" UC members list.
It's an old list and doesn't have all the new members....
like Trollhole included.
I'm going to cut and paste JP's notice herein to the list
tonight. I had an up to date e-mail list but computer crashes
and a virus took it to "the other world" somewhere.
I'll also cut and paste to the LCML for the world to see.

Trollhole said:
Hey what about inviting some of the other clubs? Like NC and GA and FL. I doubt anyone will come but it would be nice to extend the invitation.

I may be there. Saturday may be the day I drive back to Forida from my week up in the Upstate. Things have a way of changing once I reach the mountains.

Besides I have never played beer pong before. Alan introduced me to horse shoes a couple of years ago at the UC annual meet. :grinpimp:

Knowing the rest of the FL crew, I doubt any others will be able to make it.

I'll know more once I get up there next week. Hopefully, I will be able to come. :beer: :beer: :beer:

PS: How much of my truck needs to be a LC to be eligible for the Iron Butt award?

Put down the Corona....

Capt. Jim said:
I may be there. Saturday may be the day I drive back to Forida from my week up in the Upstate. Things have a way of changing once I reach the mountains.

Besides I have never played beer pong before. Alan introduced me to horse shoes a couple of years ago at the UC annual meet. :grinpimp:

Knowing the rest of the FL crew, I doubt any others will be able to make it.

I'll know more once I get up there next week. Hopefully, I will be able to come. :beer: :beer: :beer:

PS: How much of my truck needs to be a LC to be eligible for the Iron Butt award?

Ahhh, Jim old boy.....the awards are awarded at the ANNUAL meet.
August 27th. NOT july 9th. LOL....if you stay for the BBQ I'm sure
we can come up with something for you in honor of your efforts.
Say a round on me. ;)
Did I hear Malph say they had a pool table?
Dang, we need to come up with some trophies.
I'm on it. A special monthly with events and awards. I like it.

I'll be riding solo wih momo. See everyone there. Oh and I joined TLCA the other day. Looking foward to getting my packet O'cruiser crap.

Matt

SCJO06 said:
I'll be riding solo wih momo. See everyone there. Oh and I joined TLCA the other day. Looking foward to getting my packet O'cruiser crap. Matt

Best thing about joining: Getting TOYOTA TRAILS............

Gundy said:
Ahhh, Jim old boy..... I'm sure
we can come up with something for you in honor of your efforts.
Say a round on me. ;)

Last time I had a round on you, I believe it lasted til about 5:00 AM. Please don't take that as a complaint, Dave. :beer: :cheers: :beer: :cheers:

I'll be there and more than likely my gf will be comin too. Hog...it's what's for dinner!

Do I pay at this meeting or should I wait untill the annual meeting? I've been wanting to officially join this club for sometime now. Plus I want to rock a upstate sticker. :D

Matt we can get you an Upstate Sticker I think JP has like 10 of them in his glovebox. But you dont pay until the big meeting in 2 months.

Marshal post up and let us know what to pitch in and whatever like that.
Have we decided on a start time? I was figuring around midday but thats only because JP and I will be making our own pig run and will be gone until about 12-1.

Alan is it still ok for me to keep the 55 over there? If you have any questions you can reach me at 864 650 2360. Thanks

Alright it's ordered. I got something around 100 pounds which is small for me. :D It's 1.65 a pound. So thats 165 dollars for you Clemson guys :flipoff2: . I've got to pic it up a 1 pm on friday and will be out there to you around 3 or 4.

As far as what I'll be supplying
Rub which I already have. Free (my donation to the club)
Sauce which I will make this Sat since I'm smokin for my party this Sun. I just make twice as much and split the cost. SHould be around $15. I'l make about three or 4 sauces (NC vinegar, mustard, marshalls XXX, and red sauce)
Mop which will cost around 5 bucks. (basically 2 gallons of Cider Vinegar with some secret stuff added).
And some Lump Charcoal Anout 20 dollars worth.

Things that will need to be purchased Buns, forks, paper plates, paper towels.

Thats necessity stuff

Stuff that would make it better

Coleslaw, baked beans and maybe potato chips.

I will probably get some sausage to throw on the smoker Friday night for an appetizer for those of us who are cooking Friday night and if you want something else smoked bring it on. The cooker can hold a lot of stuff. I cook the best ribs and will bring rub for those friday night for those of you helpers who would like to be amazed (just make sure you bring pork babyback ribs)

I hope to start smoking around 6 or 7. that will give me 18hrs of cooking time with the pig being done around 2 or 3. Then an hour to get the BBQ ready.

Those of you helpers who want to sit around and drink with me friday into sat let me know. I need a couch to sleep on friday night Malp, Gehn. Is that going to be ok? And I'm getting a room at the Days Inn Sat night cause the wife is comming for the Sat meeting and it will give me a place to clean up.

This is going to be a family event right?

SWEEEETTTTT!!!!!

Just read the post, but gonna check with the gf to see if we wanna buy the plates, etc. or make something....will let ya know.

ok so in summary:

Pig: $165
sauce: $15
Mop: $5
Charcoal: $20

TOTAL: $205

Addtional stuff:
- Buns
- Plates
- Forks/knives
- Paper towel
- Sides (slaw, salad, chips, beans etc)
- BYO Beverage?

Do we have an estimated count on how many will show? 100 lbs sounds like a LOT of pig. :D are we doing a per plate or per person "dontation" or what?

Yes, i suppose i could cancel the strippers and make it a family event ;)
And Yes, we got a place for you to crash friday.

Drinks?

Hey what's the plan for beverages. I know beer is in...is it gonna be BYOB or should we get a Keg, or cases? Should we all bring a coke or gallon of tea as individual contributions?

My 2 cents...Chuck

Dude I'm gettin pumped about eatin some Hog......I can taste it now.

VTCruiser said:
ok so in summary:

Pig: $165
sauce: $15
Mop: $5
Charcoal: $20

Bunch of Cruiserheads getting together...........PRICELESS!

Unfortunately, I cannot alter my travel plans and will not be able to attend. Damn, I was really looking forward to the beer pong!

Y'all have fun. I'll be driving back to FLA on that day.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom