JT Outfitters Sucks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I take it based on your pic that you only got 3 of the 4 main bearings? And the missing one wasn’t one of the standard 308 bearings available EVERYWHERE?

I take it based on your pic that you only got 3 of the 4 main bearings? And the missing one wasn’t one of the standard 308 bearings available EVERYWHERE?
Nope. Went to the local bearing shop, guy knew his stuff. Just from the number he could tell it was a koyo transmission bearing. His global database said there was one in Philly, Miami and Melbourne. I will get my last bearing from JT but for now the 40 is on a trailer heading down the Alcan to Washington.

UPDATE!
I had quite a bit of correspondence with Joe at JT and he asked me everything I already explained in 3 more unnecessary emails.
That took a month.
Then he finally received the bearing "kits" from the supplier. They were also missing my bearing.
That took another month to get the bearing.
Now two months later he finally gets the bearing shipped... TO MY OLD ADDRESS.
I provided him my new address, in FOUR previous (probably unread) emails. Now I get to figure that situation out.
Meanwhile, winter is creeping up fast in MN and the 40 is still in pieces.

Do yourself a favor and AVOID JT OUTFITTERS at all costs!

I'll tell you one thing...

The company that goes by J.T. pinions or whatever that advertises on here, better change his company name if this keeps up.

Just sayin...
What exactly are you saying?

It's too similar. I thought of then first before actually reading the thread.

Guess I'll add my JT Outfitters story to the pile: Ordered a carb rebuild kit for a 72 F engine on a Monday. The next day, I get a confirmation email saying that "a shipping label for my item has been printed", and that it was going to be shipped via USPS priority 2nd day. Silly me, I assumed from that information that it would be shipped the next day. A week later - still no item, so I called them. I was told that the item was out of stock, and it would be "about a week" before they would have any more.

So, they charged my credit card, and printed a shipping label for my carb kit, all without mentioning even once the fact they didn't have one in stock.

I cancelled the order and called CruiserParts.net. That's my first and last order from JT Outfitters.

I ordered a carb kit too. Almost same problem as you.

Update to my previous post. I pulled an overhaul kit off the shelf last year and discovered, mid-rebuild, that one of the main bearings was missing from the kit. Walked to the shelf and pulled the missing bearing from one of my bearing bins, completed the rebuild, and emailed my supplier. Got the replacement bearing in my next shipment from them.

But if I had retailed that kit....:rolleyes:

There but for the grace of karma go I.

I would like to add to my earlier comment "I had no problem with them". It has been several years since I bought from them. Also in Zimbabwe we are just damned grateful to be able to get anything. I would also like to add I bought many items from Spector Off Road in the U.S.A., I cannot remember ever having a problem. Now if I purchase I usually buy from N14x4 in South Africa, if I am not mistaken the ownership is located in Australia. I have two fj45s and my wife has one fj457 diesel that we are selling. One of the fj45s is a beater, the other two are better than new! All three have factory power steering and factory disc brakes, two have 5 speed gear box and hers has air con and of course is a strong 2H. Got to sell all three, it will break our hearts but there comes a time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom