Johnny Joints at both ends? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Following.

I been digging into this U/L Adjustable Control arms as well.

Pretty sure each of you knows of the Australian company adjustable arms that are apparently only to be found at Endless Horizon Outfitters. Gets pricey quick tho...

reevesci I have been following some of your post in recent years off and on. You’re an artist.

Thanks for the link LandCruiserPhil . I will check-it-out.

Just got of the horn with Currie. According to them JJ’s at both ends is mucho bueno.

Part numbers for the joints that are made to fit 80 series are:

Lower - 9114-27
Upper - 9113-27 $54.95 each.

Jam nuts:
Upper - 9113BJN
Lower - 9114BJN

Where do we buy the bungs to fit these part numbers ?

Also what size pipe would you be using?

If you want to run JJ arms, get the Trail Tailor ones from @reevesci, end of story. Quality built arms, with Currie joints and bushings that fit properly if you decide to keep poly bushings in one end. As Jason mentioned, he can build them with JJ's in both ends if you want it that way.

Great subject, great thread. just have to figure if a standard measurement would work in out metric mounts.

@NateMob posted this in another thread.... I'm impressed... check it out.

"NateMob, post: 11772895, member: 130564"]This is the joint i am using on my new 3 Link. Its from Metalcloak and I like it so far, the front suspension on my truck is whisper quiet and I love it compared to the creaky and groany stock setup.

2 5/8'' OD x 2 5/8'' W Duroflex Joint, 1 1/4'' Straight Spud

Check out these four videos before you order anything else.

Metalcloak's Duroflex Joint - A Comparison of Vibration Dampening

Duroflex 101 - What You Need To Know About The Duroflex Joint

Edit later... answered my own question.
Baldilocks wrote 80s are 2.375" wide by 18mm (.718")
7303%20DIMENSIONS.jpg

Last edited:
If you want to run JJ arms, get the Trail Tailor ones from @reevesci, end of story. Quality built arms, with Currie joints and bushings that fit properly if you decide to keep poly bushings in one end. As Jason mentioned, he can build them with JJ's in both ends if you want it that way.

Not really the subject here.

Great subject, great thread. just have to figure if a standard measurement would work in out metric mounts.

@NateMob posted this in another thread.... I'm impressed... check it out.

"NateMob, post: 11772895, member: 130564"]This is the joint i am using on my new 3 Link. Its from Metalcloak and I like it so far, the front suspension on my truck is whisper quiet and I love it compared to the creaky and groany stock setup.

2 5/8'' OD x 2 5/8'' W Duroflex Joint, 1 1/4'' Straight Spud

Check out these four videos before you order anything else.

Metalcloak's Duroflex Joint - A Comparison of Vibration Dampening

Duroflex 101 - What You Need To Know About The Duroflex Joint

These joints will require cutting off the stock brackets and welding on custom brackets that will accommodate the size bushing that is available and stepping down to a smaller bolt diameter. Or some other rigged solution.

The JJ part numbers are the specific size we need.

Where do we buy the bungs to fit these part numbers ?

Also what size pipe would you be using?
My plan would be to cut the poly bushing ends off of my MT control arms and then have the tubes threaded for the JJ’s like MT did at the other end that already has a JJ.

Originally, I want to use a weld on JJ but then I found out that Currie makes these thread joints in our specific size.

They are a 2.5” series with 2.375 width and 18mm bolt bore. That’s .718”, huge compared to most any other application you will find out there.

I can’t answer your question directly bc I have not cut my arms up yet and measure the tube. I can tell you that the threaded shanks are 1” dia on the uppers and 1.25” dia on the lowers.

These joints will require cutting off the stock brackets and welding on custom brackets that will accommodate the size bushing that is available and stepping down to a smaller bolt diameter. The JJ part numbers are the specific size we need.

What size is the stock bolt? As GWN quoted, my usage was for a front 3 link setup, whenever i redo the rear it'll be worth it to make the Duroflex joints work from my experience thus far.

How is it not? You asked about running arms with JJ's at both ends. TT can build them.

I think that we are all trying to fabricate it as well. Hence “changing out the poly for JJ’s”.

Let’s take a pipe, weld some threaded bungs on them and install tie rod looking thingy’s with JJ’s on them, and wallla
~ Trailing arms ~ with JJ’s.

For those reading this thread and can’t build them, you have the plug from box rocket.

Carry on.

A month ago is was the worst thing to do by running JJ on both ends this month its the best:rolleyes: only on MUD

I have a buddy that DD’s his JK that’s all done up on 40’s. All of his trailing arms are built with JJ’s and he probably have over 50k on them. Doesn’t have a problem driving it down the road.

I have a buddy that DD’s his JK that’s all done up on 40’s. All of his trailing arms are built with JJ’s and he probably have over 50k on them. Doesn’t have a problem driving it down the road.

Good info where were you a month ago:flipoff2:

What size is the stock bolt? As GWN quoted, my usage was for a front 3 link setup, whenever i redo the rear it'll be worth it to make the Duroflex joints work from my experience thus far.
According to my micrometer, the stock bolts are verging on 17mm which is why the Currie offers a JJ with an 18mm bore.

Last edited:
How is it not? You asked about running arms with JJ's at both ends. TT can build them.
Sorry, I misunderstood. Those arms would be a great offering. My arms are fine other than my displeasure with the poly bushings. So, for me, buying four more JJ’s and adding them to the arms I already have seems logical.

So you see the claimed issue of "misalign-ment" just hot air and holds no value?

Don’t know what to say. My 102” wheelbase 40 scores over a 1200 on an RTI and can do 80mph. The JJ’s seem like they work good to me...

Don’t know what to say. My 102” wheelbase 40 scores over a 1200 on an RTI and can do 80mph. The JJ’s seem like they work good to me...
This is exactly what I read all over The Pirate page and other jeep forums.

Aw There's where the problem lies I need to be able to run a 100:meh:

Last edited:
In order to get the full befits from running JJ’s or something similar for max articulation, you’ll have to do both the upper and lower trailing arms.

At least if you want to do some crazy like linking it in the future, you’ll have the joints ready and just have to do your geometry with the arms and location of the mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom