John Napier - Brighton Cruisers???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i'll ditto ron from rocky mountain cruisers...great guy and great to do business with :cheers:

Again, Ron with RMC. A great man to deal with and he really loves his cruisers.

As a side note, Napier had an ad in the local papers...8 FJ40's make offer. The phone number no longer works but just a heads up.

Warning! This Napier guy is bad news.
He had an add in the Denver Post about a 40 for sale. When I reached him the 40 was sold but he talked a good game so I had him do some work for me. Install my H55 5spd.
This is a long horrible story so I'll keep it short.
He had my 60 for 8 months and would not give it back. He always had "family" crises and was difficult to get a hold of and would disapear.
When I finally had to threaten leagal action he brought me my 60. Drove about 40 miles to my house and didn't have a ride home. ( I didn't offer one either). The brakes would hardly stop the truck, my 5spd wouldn't go into 5th gear, the rear drive shaft was on backwards, he put on a new pair of OME springs that I never asked for, and worst of all my new 5spd was half full of WATER. He never did any work untill the 11th hour and obviously left my tranny outside, unprotected.
He cost me alot of $$$$. A lawyer told me it woudn't be worth going after him. Since then and after spreading the word at different Toyota shops I've gotten a couple of calls from guys he has dicked.
You can reach me if you want to know the rest of the story.
devo

Was your 60 kinda of Gold in color? If it was, i was parked outside while I was dealing with him. He told me he tokk it from a customer who couldn't pay. Like I said below, I had to go up there and sit on him to get my rig. I know what you went through.

ken

He had an add in the Denver Post about a 40 for sale. When I reached him the 40 was sold but he talked a good game

Must be his MO, place an add for a 40, then see if he can get some suckers too bite. That's how I first got ahold of him, I called on a 40 that was listed. John:"I just sold that cruiser yesterday, but I'll tell you what I can do for ya......."

typical bait and switch...probably doesn't have the $$$ to build then sell and no time to sell then build.

My 60 is blue and I don't know where he had it parked. I went looking for it and that son of a b!*^# but couldn't find either.
I have to wonder what I would say if I ever run in to him.
How can we as a group prevent this kind of thing happening again?
Is there anyway to get his name out there on some kind of scam artist list?
I had my bad experience back in 2001.
I still have all of the paper work from Joe at CTS that verifies all off the wrong doings.
When I hear his name it make my blood boil. I'm really sorry that more people than me got F'd by him.
devo

Wow, your incident was one to two yeasr before mine and he told you the same story. Was he in Brighton then? He told me he just moved from a shop he had in Englewood and was setting up new in Brighton.
I did a search before I bought from him and came up with nothing. A guy a Western Engines actually recommended him because I was also looking at this other cruiser that needed an engine rebuilt. They told me to have him do it.

I think the fact we are posting here is doing something.

He lived in Brighton in a ranch house that is located on some sort of private airfield. I could drive there like I was there yesterday. One of his lines was that he had to move because the house was for sale?
He's a lying untrustworthy piece of sh*#.
Sounds like you live in the front range area somewhere. Maybe this summer we'll meet on the trails and compare stories.
I'm also glad this story surfaced on ih8mud so that maybe the word will get out.
devo

I am bringing this thread to the top because I am getting burned by Napier. That is present tense as in right now. Nothing really bad has happened yet but nothing has materialized either. I should have searched before I did anything but I didn't and that was my mistake. The lies are the same as others have posted. I try to be optimistic and it is nice that he isn't hiding. Every time I call, he answers and he is very polite and apologetic. Yep, bad move on my part...the due date has just expired and right when I started to wonder if he would ever come through.....I find this thread and hear from others to avoid Napier. There is a red Fj60 at the shop now and the story is that the owner didn't pay up. I think I have heard that one before. Post up if you are currently dealing with Napier or if you can add anything to this thread. Thank you everyone that has told me to watch out and offered up their tales of John Napier...

My buddy in upstate NY had dropped his 80 off at a shop to get some work done on it. Cops came by his house at 4am asking about his truck. They had just been in a HIGH speed chase with it and it had ALLUDED them. He went back to the shop and the whole exhaust system had been ripped off and the business owner was in jail. Sucks for him, no way to recoop the loss. The best way to find a good shop to work on a cruiser, or any vehicle, is word of mouth. If 2 of your buddies have had good deallings with a shop, you are more likely to have good deallings also.

Chris

Sorry Dude, the info is here for you if you just look. And if you are feeling lazy, then pipe up anyway, 'cause I'd have offered my opinion on a new thread. What's the senario you are facing? Why does he have your cruiser?

Yeah, Mike. What's the story? Which rig does he have?

He pretty much has my Fj45lv wagon :whoops: and maybe more :doh: but I would rather not talk about my mistakes. I need a smiley that just got kicked in the junk. Romer called me and filled in all the blanks from his experience. I bought the 45 wagon and had it shipped from Cali. Mark posted it had no title but for 30 dollars he could do the paperwork to get one. I received the truck before the title and assumed it would follow with some other parts that were being mailed. Nope, no title arrived, just some papers that the truck was dismantled by the state of California. I went to the Colorado motor vehicles office and they told me I should lose that paperwork and never show anyone. Turns out, Colorado honors the fact that a car has been taken off the road and will not allow it to be titled in the state ever again. I did my homework and it is a pain to apply for a title that isn't a salvage title. I even looked into the companies that offer that service. You have to sign the truck over to them then they sell it back to you. Let me reassure everyone reading this that the truck is still locked up in my yard and I will not and would not sign it over. I called him today and he told me the paperwork was completed, all wrinkles had been ironed out, and that I would receive everything I needed to apply for a valid title very soon. No date was given but I will call him every day and visit his shop every day until I have it. Maybe I am a sucker but I believe he isn't a bad person. I truly believe he will come through and remove this terrible doubt I have in my mind right now.

Good luck, and if you need help in the future getting a salvage title, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out (no, I don't expect anything in return) I can get just about anything titled here in Nebraska. It just might take a little bit of fancy foot work on both our parts. A stamped VIN that can be attached too the body/frame that has no ties to Kalifornia or Kolorado would be the first step.

He said no later than last Thurdsay the title work would be completed. Last time we talked, he was in the State office getting my paperwork for the title(yeah right). He said that everything was completed but the State wouldn't give him the paperwork. That was Monday. I have called him every day since and he is no longer answering his phone. His mailbox is full and there is no sign he has been at the shop. If he is reading this, then this would be a perfect opportunity for him to redeem himself. He could make things right and show the Cruiser community that although he has had problems in the past, he is working toward running a responsible shop and being a respectable person. Am I being to optimistic?

This is really the sheits.

He called me back and told me today or Monday. Like I always say....under promise and over deliver. Tell me Friday and if it happens Monday, everybody is happy. We will see Monday and go from there....

You guys knew I would be back posting this on Monday. I feel really bad because all the paperwork is done but his wife is having her gallbladder removed. He had to stay all night to make sure the insurance went through.

:mad: :censor: that :censor: and his :censor: shop!! I am going to post a JohnNapier web site and page rank it to the top of a "John Napier" google search. :mad:

Why do people lie? To tell you the truth I wouldn't care if he said he didn't get around to it yet and he would call me when it is done. I am pissed that he said everything would be done by tomorrow. What do you think it will be this time? Will his family have another surgery? Will he be working on his PhD? Maybe monkeys will fly out his :censor: ass!! :mad:

ok I feel better now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom