John Deere HIR bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HIR installed

Got the bulbs from Amazon and they appear to be legit Phillips HIR bulbs with labels and appearance that match other suppliers web info. Still need to adjust the beam height a bit to match original bulb height when it dark out.

One note is that the new HIR bulbs with the tab trimmed as shown here are a little more loose in the socket that the standard bulbs. Is this common with others?

Loose? The Philips HIR bulbs I just modified and installed from Amazon are as tight if not tighter, than the 9006s I replaced. FYI I eyeballed the trimming, I didn't care much for the diagram. In fact I think I trimmed the opposite side of the larger tab shown in the picture posted earlier in the thread. They both seat fully, don't wiggle and work great.

By loose I mean that they turn very easy and don't seem to lock in. Like they may unturn by vibration.

landcruising said:
By loose I mean that they turn very easy and don't seem to lock in. Like they may unturn by vibration.

Try adding the o-ring from the old bulb.

Did the HIR lowbeams and Cree LED reverse lights, both from Amazon. Solid improvement in light output on both ends.

Just keep in mind this is an inexpensive improvement. The other night I was in my buddy's S200, and the HID bulbs were on another level.

Any difference?

So, I'm in need of picking up another set and am trying to decide whether there are differences between those offered by Rallylights and CandlePower besides the prices.

Rallylights says that their bulbs lumens are 2400 and 3000 and without doing too much detective work I cannot determine if the ones offered by CandlePower are the same things, instead of what they used to be (1875/2530 lumens)

If they are I would be saving around $60 by going with them, but if not, I would try to justify the extra ooomph by shelling out the extra coin.

Sorry, maybe it's easy to decipher the difference, but I haven't been able to find it in the quick search I did.

TIA for your help!

Without much research, it seems both of them Phillip bulbs. I got Philips bulbs from amazon when they had sale $16 and $18 and have been happy since then.

I am not sure on how may Lumens they are.

Just search Amazon for 9012 and 9011.

Akella said:
Without much research, it seems both of them Phillip bulbs. I got Philips bulbs from amazon when they had sale $16 and $18 and have been happy since then.

I am not sure on how may Lumens they are.

Just search Amazon for 9012 and 9011.

Are yours HIR though?

I've read somewhere that some of the Amazon selleres were selling non-HIR's as HIR's.

I don't mind paying a bit more for a.little more linens, as long as I am.paying for what I think I am paying for.

I may just have to call Candlepower...

Mine came in original philips boxes/packaging and light pattern and output got much better than I had with regular bulbs.

Sent from Android using IH8MUD

Mine came in original philips boxes/packaging and light pattern and output got much better than I had with regular bulbs.

Sent from Android using IH8MUD

Did it say anywhere on the package that it was "HIR"?

Not that you'd held on to the original box this long, but...

I'm taking my family up to Canada next week and I would like to get HIR's.

I just want to make sure that I get the real deal and if there's a brighter version (Rallylights' bulbs?) then that's what I would like to do.

Did it say anywhere on the package that it was "HIR"?

Not that you'd held on to the original box this long, but...

I'm taking my family up to Canada next week and I would like to get HIR's.

I just want to make sure that I get the real deal and if there's a brighter version (Rallylights' bulbs?) then that's what I would like to do.

It was marked on packaging and on bulbs that it is HIR and HIR2 and made in Germany.

mot said:
Anyone???

It is my understanding the gen 3 hirs had an increase in output. Candlepower is selling the gen 3 bulbs.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

cary,

Just the man I was hoping that would chime in. :D

But the one(s) on Rallylights show more lumens...

Does that mean that Rallylights have newer-spec or they're fudging their numbers or something?

I know, the price difference is almost too large to justify the increased output though.

mot said:
cary,

Just the man I was hoping that would chime in. :D

But the one(s) on Rallylights show more lumens...

Does that mean that Rallylights have newer-spec or they're fudging their numbers or something?

I know, the price difference is almost too large to justify the increased output though.

I think their off. There is simply no way they would get such an increase.

I think their off. There is simply no way they would get such an increase.

Alrighty then, I thought maybe it was Gen 3.5 or soemthing. :hillbilly:

I'll place my order with Candlepower(again).

Thanks!

So, I pulled the trigger with Candlepower after they told me that they supply their bulbs to Rallylights/Susquehanna(sp). :hillbilly:

They still have the $100/set deal on the HIR's.

Just an FYI.

Just got these from Amazon. They are marked HIR1/2 on the bulbs. Is this the same packaging everybody else has been getting? The "Standard" label has me concerned.
DSCN9857.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom