John Deere HIR bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered 4 bulbs from cpf...already running the slee harness so I'm expecting some significant improvement

Trimming

I recently put high/low Phillips HIRs from Amazon. Amazon had sale 16&18 per bulb with free shipping.

I found this on Google and it was extremely helpful and it took me like 5 min to do the mod with nail clipper.
9011&9012 trimming.jpg

A friend who sold his 80 a couple of months ago found a set of bulbs he bought for it and gave them to me.
Two Phillips 9011 which say HIR1 on them.
Two Toshiba 9012 which say HIR2 on them.
Are these the latest generations ?

A friend who sold his 80 a couple of months ago found a set of bulbs he bought for it and gave them to me.
Two Phillips 9011 which say HIR1 on them.
Two Toshiba 9012 which say HIR2 on them.
Are these the latest generations ?

I don't believe Toshiba makes HIR's anymore. I thought Philips was the only one currently holding the rights to them. I might be wrong, either way you scored a free set of HIR's. :cheers:

Does anybody's know if using these would be ok with the depo replacement lenses. I need to replace one side due to a crack- already have the slew harness.

Depo lenses use a H1/H4 setup, completely different than the HIR's.

Pull the trigger on the Depo's I highly recommend them (if you follow the link in my sig you can find my write up on them). You'll also need the Innovative Wiring harness (or fab one up yourself) to adapt the stock plugs to the H1/H4 setup.

Innovative Wiring - Toyota Products

Question (This thread is WAY too long looked for a while but didnt seem to find the answer I was looking for though)

HIR's dont come in H1/H4 setups, do they???

I don't believe so, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't think I've ever seen an H4 bulb listed as HIR.

HIR was only developed as a low cost alternative to HID while producing similar output, only offered as 9011 and 9012 bulbs

^ That is also what I have found...luckily for 80 owners!

Amazon has the Philips HIR2's for quite a bit less than alternative vendors mentioned in this thread. Is the concern about the Amazon offerings not being genuine units legitimate? Is there any way to determine whether you're purchasing the 3rd generation bulb?

I noticed this on Amazon.com as well. The part number had a 'b' in it 9012LLB1 vs. the other mud vendors selling HIR 9012LLC1. Just guessing, but second gen must be the 'b' and the third gen is 'c'. Thoughts?

Was going to order the HIR low beams and CREE LED reverse lights on amazon for about the cost of HIR's from a different vendor. Now I'm questioning the decision to use Amazon.

An Amazon user review says that the bulbs ARE NOT really HIRs.

They do have a great return policy though.

Funny thing, I had ordered these the day I saw them on Amazon, didn't admit to it, but I received them a couple days ago. They are definitely 9012/HIR2s. Phillips, made in Germany labeled HIR2 12v 55 watt, for less than $40 shipped to my door. Will report results when installed.

yes the ones from amazon are in fact HIR and yes, they do work well, I believe Philips is currently the only producer of them, and they are branded as Philips HIR bulbs

Modified and installed, adjusted the beam height and went for a night drive. WOW, surprised by the flood of light. I am very happy with these. High beams in the future, definitely.

Just ordered from Amazon

Just ordered 9011 and 9012 the Amazon Bulbs, for about $82 with free shipping with combined order. Well see the difference in the bulbs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom