Joe Rogan's FZJ80 build by Jonathan Ward (ICON) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think we are biting troll bait, but can’t resist... let’s say he got a deal at $100/hr for shop time. That’s still $300K in labor alone.
Yep. I'm thinking all in this was a $400k build. Not worth $400k BUT if you can afford it and it's exactly what you want, then it doesn't matter.

I still like my truck better. 3000 hours is peanuts to what I've put into mine. :cool::flipoff2:

He built it for $30k and charged $400k. On the flip side I can't see Rogan paying $400k for it. After all he is a car guy.

He built it for $30k and charged $400k. On the flip side I can't see Rogan paying $400k for it. After all he is a car guy.

Judging by the quality of his work i’m sure his hourly shop rate is $90+, throw in that motor and all those other bells and wistles and $400k isn’t really far fetched. Pretty sure there’s enough profit thrown in there that’s not what he charged, but still not astronomical considering that work done

Joe is just going to get on a plane to Lanai or a private New Mexico ranch to hunt and leave this 80 in the garage. Guy probably has no time to drive around and use the 80 as an expedition vehicle. Incredible build.

Look at the cup holder😎

Love this truck! I like anything that Ward has the ability to take down to refinish every single nut and bolt. Of course they are way overpriced and overkill, but who wouldn't want a better than new 80.

The other thing I really loved in this video is that he confirmed the drivetrain loss even with the LS engines. So he started with 560hp and the dyno put him at 360awhp. My all stock bottom end and head, turbo 1FZ made more awhp. So those guys that are always saying the 1FZ sucks just throw in an LS3, kind of forget about the drivetrain loss even with the 4L85E like in this truck.

Agreed!!! Coming from the tuner world, there are so many made up dyno numbers on things it's rediculous. What type of Dyno (Mustang - hub based, Dynojet - no load, Dyno Dynamics - load based) and what settings (altitude compensation, shootout mode, ect) and people that wick up the tune for hero pulls that would never survive real street driving, it's almost impossible to get real apples to apples comparison figures.

Nice truck, I really like that they took things to bare metal and then reassembled with new hardware. Some of the mods .. meh for my taste, but everyone's is going to differ. Will look forward to hopefully seeing the truck on one of the hunting adventure shows he pops up on from titme to time.

Cool rig, I really enjoy the JRE while I work and have heard him talk up the 80 series platform a few times, considering all the other expensive vehicles he has seeing the 80 series added to his fleet is a bit of a compliment to the 80 IMO.

I agree on some of the comments for cost, but there is a cost for having something turn key and reliable, and having talented hands take the time to get it done. There is worse things to spend your money on I suppose. Anyways I'm stoked to see he's got a rig and see it on the forum.

Yep, the seemless electrical integration is a huge part of what you pay for with any swap. It’s a lot of tiny little things that take a lot of time, research and attempts to dial in.

I know the majority of his client base is in and around the expensive areas of California but I would be very curious to see how cost changed if he moved his facilities somewhere with much cheaper real estate and labor costs. A $300,000 truck might cost $175,000. Lol

There's so much jealousy in this thread it's unreal.

Face the facts: ICON isn't an Everyman repairshop, it's not trying to be.

I will never be able to afford to send my 80 there, and I wouldn't, and that's okay. I think it's cool that guys like Joe Rogan are willing to admit what they like, and spend the money on it, rather than just drive a G Wagon like every other Hollywood type.

I could Google it, but it's more fun to ask here: exactly who is Joe Rogan?

I could Google it, but it's more fun to ask here: exactly who is Joe Rogan?
Former TV host from that show "Fear Factor". Currently an MMA commentator, comedian (has specials on Netflix), and has one of the most popular (if not the most) podcast out there. On his podcast he has a VERY wide array of guests from any field you could imagine. He's also been on a few hunting shows as a guest. Dude is everywhere.

well no, because...

*brings mike closer*

when Icon builds a FJ80 they replace or refurbish EVERYTHING. It takes YEARS. Its a completely different vehicle when they're done. I was reading this article about how DMT can actually advance your thinking and make it easier for you to accomplish tasks like this because your pineal gland...jamie, can you get that article up...no, the other one. Yeah, the pineal gland actually makes your cells rejuvenate faster...here we go. Is it even an FJ80 when you're done, or is it a different car? Its entirely possible that its a COMPLETELY different car.

*looks over at screen*

look at that...yeah, that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? Jesus, those things will tear you to shreds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom